Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok..Don't Laugh

Michaelson

One Too Many
Understood. I'll be watching for them. More than likely, they'll get lost in Alabama, so I won't expect them for at least 2 months. (grins) High regards. Michaelson

Originally posted by Michaelson
That's what bundgee cords are for, man! Strap those strays in there and send 'em on their way!:confused: ;) Regards. Michaelson

Yep, that's what we do when we send them to Tennessee. If some of them fall off in Colorado then that isn't good because they are still to close. We will have to remember to weld the doors shut. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Well..lesson one "Fever Man"...

Hey folks...took lesson number one last night. "Me and 7 ladies!"
(Man I wish I'd thought of this when I was young and single:D)

Getting started....We didn't have our shoes available so had to make do with our regular shoes. The one thing I really would like to know is why dance shoes fits so strange. My normal shoe size is a 9 -9.5 EE or EEE but here I seem to fit a size 11 :eek: . I'm not sure but could dance shoes use only one sizing? I'm also not too fussy on the plain jane style of the shoe on offer, so I've asked to see if there might be a spectator styling.

Otherwise...everything was great fun and not bad exercise. We started a rountine to Peggy Lee's "Fever" but didn't get more than 20 seconds into it. Mind you...for beginners "not bad" for a 1/2 hour. What was impressive was this South African lady...who danced the whole time in really high boots. She looked like she knew what she was doing and it turned out to be the truth

::D When she was testing out tap shoe sizes, she let loose and did a shoe test that humbled the young teacher!:eek: :D .
Anyway...the toe's survived and so did I. I'm just curious about the sizing issue.

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout :cool2:

Dollface

New in Town
It really depends on the maker of the shoe..some shoes you buy a size or two smaller, because the leather will stretch. Some shoes are narrow so you need a bigger size. The really isn't a specific formula--it depends again on the brand of shoe.

Did you check out Discount Dance? They usually will say if you need to go up or down a size or take street shoe on each specific brand of shoe (ie. Capezio, Bloch, Girodono's etc.)

Glad you enjoyed the class! So, is your teachers style more broadway/show tap or rhythm tap?

Canadave

One Too Many
Hey, keep us up to date on those lessons. I want a weekly report! (Actually, maybe you can give me a demo when we meet next week, and I'll report back to the Lounge!:D)

David

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
If you can sing like Peggy!

No problem Dave :D As long as you can sing like Peggy Lee! LOL .
I should be able to repeat my performance from Tuesday. The only problem could be "Not getting kicked out of the Restaurant". If we take it to the street in Toronto, we might just make enough to pay for the meal. You can be the musician, I'll be the Monkey .LOL.

When it comes to the brand of shoes I was looking at they were actually, Black Capezio's. They were low shoes with very soft leather uppers and incrediblely flexible soles. I wasn't sure if that was a split or solid sole? Also....could these have been just really big women's shoes? I'm so unfamiliar with this type of thing that I wouldn't know what was a man's shoe or a woman's "within reason of course". I know european sizing can be quite strange aswell so help would be appreciated. The shoes themselves were going for a reduced price of $60 Canadian which translates to about $45.00 US. Is that good?

I may just have to look up Discount Dance to learn a few things.

Also...the style of teacher at this point is hard to tell at this point. I will ask a few questions next time. But one thing is for sure...a single 1/2 hour is not enough time. We may have to try to get her to do an hour class on a different day.

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Dollface

New in Town
Re: If you can sing like Peggy!

Originally posted by Kilgour Trout
No problem Dave :D As long as you can sing like Peggy Lee! LOL .
I should be able to repeat my performance from Tuesday. The only problem could be "Not getting kicked out of the Restaurant". If we take it to the street in Toronto, we might just make enough to pay for the meal. You can be the musician, I'll be the Monkey .LOL.

When it comes to the brand of shoes I was looking at they were actually, Black Capezio's. They were low shoes with very soft leather uppers and incrediblely flexible soles. I wasn't sure if that was a split or solid sole? Also....could these have been just really big women's shoes? I'm so unfamiliar with this type of thing that I wouldn't know what was a man's shoe or a woman's "within reason of course". I know european sizing can be quite strange aswell so help would be appreciated. The shoes themselves were going for a reduced price of $60 Canadian which translates to about $45.00 US. Is that good?

I may just have to look up Discount Dance to learn a few things.

Also...the style of teacher at this point is hard to tell at this point. I will ask a few questions next time. But one thing is for sure...a single 1/2 hour is not enough time. We may have to try to get her to do an hour class on a different day.

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Well Kilgour~

Usually when you are looking at a shoe they will specify womens or mens, I however have seen shoes that are unisex.... Sounds like you are on the right track. The price is about right for taps. I would get them.

I think you definitely need to talk your teacher in doing an hour class...1/2 hour is just too short! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy