Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK, so it's official - caps are cool!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Beckham!

Do me a favor though, please don't start wearing fedoras. I don't think I could handle that!

David-beckham-WENN_2462246a.jpg

brown/tan and blue (and most other contrasts) can work harmoniously. That above is a bit much to my eye. The shoes are almost disembodied, not a part of the outfit at all, and all down to the too-extreme contrast. They stand alone, and don't add anything to the whole. All the rest works fine, but what on earth those 6 buttons on the cuff are supposed to be there for, is anyone's guess.[huh]

You'd think, with his wife being who she is, that he might have had a bit of colour co-ordination nagged into him after all these years.

Edward

Bartender
Agreed, the lack of co-ordination with the shoes was the first thing that jumped out at me. His usual slovenly appearance in the shaving department was the second. lol

Last edited:

Hal

Practically Family
The actual article notes Mr B's sartorial progress - let's be grateful for small mercies!
We should surely applaud both the cap (not a flat cap as the article asserts) and the good-looking overcoat; but if it's cold enough to wear them, surely an open-necked shirt will be incongruous, illogical and uncomfortable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner