Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old gas stations

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 3.19.03 PM.png

... View attachment 93009
Marilyn needs a full check-up and inspection.

Here's my heresy for the morning. Marylyn's whole va-va-voom thing always turned me off. The falling out of her top, skirt blowing up, etc. - I get it, it worked for her and made her an international super star, but it always came across as cheap, phony and forced to me (even though I'll grant the iconography of it all).

But every once in awhile, a picture like this will come along and I think Marylin looks great. Hard to tell exactly, but it looks like she's wearing simple white pants and a black sweater with somewhat less than her full makeup regalia. Here she looks cute - pretty even - in a normal-person way and, IMHO, looks more comfortable with herself than when she's in full-on sex-symbol mode.

That's it, bring out the knives, but it is how I feel on something that, overall, is just opinion.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Here's my heresy for the morning. Marylyn's whole va-va-voom thing always turned me off. The falling out of her top, skirt blowing up, etc. - I get it, it worked for her and made her an international super star, but it always came across as cheap, phony and forced to me (even though I'll grant the iconography of it all).

But every once in awhile, a picture like this will come along and I think Marylin looks great. Hard to tell exactly, but it looks like she's wearing simple white pants and a black sweater with somewhat less than her full makeup regalia. Here she looks cute - pretty even - in a normal-person way and, IMHO, looks more comfortable with herself than when she's in full-on sex-symbol mode.

That's it, bring out the knives, but it is how I feel on something that, overall, is just opinion.

EACC989B-73AA-4769-B871-388D3CAECBA4.jpeg

Poor Norma Jean,they won’t leave her be. :(

Hollywood designer Katie Halford reported that Marilyn
was not keen on wearing underwear unless she had to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21