Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old gas stations

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Sometimes I think I remember things in black & white if it was a long time ago, especially things about Christmas after dark.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
44c6b79c9a3d5c6ea697064676f18f4c.jpg
5d0e7a00363d9bfa5b61761f700f18e7.jpg

Rob

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Sometimes I think I remember things in black & white if it was a long time ago, especially things about Christmas after dark.

The same happens to me.

Black and white and in winter, sometimes with a mist or fog......the most haunting and beautiful thing.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Black and white and in winter, sometimes with a mist or fog......the most haunting and beautiful thing.

I know what you mean.
But sometimes a late nite snack of ice cream & bananas with whipped creme
makes me dream in technicolor.
Feel as if I’m in a movie, the cool evening is misty blue with a warm hue of the
camp fire shimmering golden/orange bright, the charcoals popping to & fro like
firework sparklers from a 4th of July of long ago.

In the distance I can hear Gene Autry ridin’ & singin’, "Tumbling Tumbleweeds”.
At the first sign of an arrow whizzing by...I tell myself it’s only a dream
& better wake up unless I want to loose my scalp. :(

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Early to mid-Sixties, I'll warrant, and in the fall in an area that gets snow. The green car is a pre-'65 Mercury with the "breezeway" option, the rear power window that slid down behind the rear seat. I had a '65 Park Lane with that feature. If you opened all the windows, including the little vent windows, and drove at 60 on an overcast day, you hardly needed air-conditioning! Tires for that car in 1982 were about $100 a set, so an $11.95 single snow tire as advertised here would have been quite a while before that.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Cities-Service 1930. 1936 Ford Coupe
Cities-Service-1930s-gas-station-1936-Ford-Coupe-760x437.jpg

The Koivisto Service Station handled Cities Service “Cool Motor” gasoline in Chassell, Michigan.
The modest-looking station with a false front had a repair bay on the far-right and an office and store
on the left. The pumps are electric units and the hose across the pump island actuated one of the
old style signal units the alerted the staff that a customer was had arrived. (The Old Motor)

Late-1940s-Lincoln-Convertible-Texaco-Station.jpg

Late 1940s Lincoln convertible @ Texaco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot