Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old guy Schott 141 fit check pls

Hello all. At 55 I finally bought my first leather riding jacket, a Scott 141. It is size 42 reg. I fear the arm length may be a bit too short for my arms in the riding position. Your comments are appreciated! PS, I do not wear Chucks and no socks when I ride, it was just so I could walk to the bike without hurting my delicate little tootsies on the gravel driveway haha.

Attachments

• IMG_5206.jpeg
    IMG_5206.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 193

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Size wise I think you nailed it. I also have a 141 (in size 42) but tend to wear it more casually than on the bike. I’m a Schott fan but think this model could be tweaked a bit to make it a better riding jacket. I’d take an inch off the body length and add one or two inches to the sleeves (more like their Perfecto jackets). Mine rides up just a bit on the bike and while the sleeves aren’t weirdly short, they could stand to be a tad longer. Riding aside, the 141 is a really nice looking jacket.

Viking752

Practically Family
Great fit, I have a 141 as well and I ride. I got the Long version and the body gets longer and the sleeves add about 2” to the standard size. In your case I believe the fit is spot on. If anything, it gives you good space for some gloves.

Yango

One of the Regulars
Your jacket looks great. I’m sure you have some nice leather gloves that will cover your wrists.

My 141 is a 42 long—so it has a longer torso and sleeves, which I prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy