Aero Sheene- Fit Advice and Creative Guidance

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by VestCoast, Jun 19, 2018.

1. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

The antique brass zips Aero provide are pretty cool as well, I have them on a Highwayman and as the jacket has been worn over the years the brass has gotten darker, so they look a bit like the black zips Schott does on some of their trendier jackets, but better.

I haven’t had any problems with the no 5 zips on any of my jackets, which might just be luck, although the tiny Talon zip on my Aero ANJ-4 is a PITA and always seems to take twice as long to zip up when I’m out in public.

Guppy likes this.
  2. VestCoast

VestCoast One of the Regulars

My jacket finally arrived! The fit feels great, obviously quite stiff but I can't wait to break it in. I took a bunch (too many maybe) photos in different light so I'll post those below. I'm really over the moon with this jacket, I cannot wait until the summer ends because the jacket is not compatible with the 100+ weather right now. I wanted to thank everyone here for your help both in this thread specifically and for the wealth of knowledge I sifted through to make the decisions for this order. Couldn't be happier with the jacket!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jrolfe, Fanch, ProteinNerd and 19 others like this.
  3. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Perfect.

VestCoast likes this.
  4. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

That’s a beauty man, perfect fit!

VestCoast likes this.
  5. AlexB

AlexB One of the Regulars

Really looks awesome!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

VestCoast likes this.
  6. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

There's no improving on that in terms of fit or style. You've nailed it.

VestCoast likes this.
  7. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

VestCoast likes this.
  8. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

That's a perfect fit if i have ever seen one. Well done!

VestCoast likes this.
  9. ton312

ton312

Absolutely nailed it! Looking back I'd have thought there's no way to improve the fit of the brown CR fit jacket. But somehow you've done just that! Doesn't get any better than that. Congrats!!

VestCoast likes this.
  10. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

That came out beautifully! :)

VestCoast likes this.
  11. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Cool jacket, perfect fit. Well done!

VestCoast likes this.
  12. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Great jacket; great fit. Well done.

VestCoast likes this.
  13. felix03

felix03 One of the Regulars

The fit it simply perfect. Great design choices, especially the yoke and brass hardware. RW 2966s looking good too (i've got about 7 wears on my new pair). What denim are you wearing? I'm a bit of a Japanese denim fanatic.

14. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Naied everything!! :) Enjoy the break-in. 100F in the sun will help it be a little softer, at least...

VestCoast likes this.
  15. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Couldn't have done better on the fit. Jacket is just beautiful. You did well.

Stitched and VestCoast like this.
  16. VestCoast

Thanks! This pair is the Greaser cut from Left Field. The fabric is a twisted weft denim that is made in Xinjiang, China and I believe is part of a proprietary project/relationship that Left Field is developing with both a mill and a cotton growing company. I've got a lot of raw/selvedge jeans but this pair is probably my most comfortable fit-wise.

17. YES

VestCoast likes this.
  18. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

This should be the fit used to model this jacket. Perfection!!

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  19. felix03

felix03 One of the Regulars

What a coincidence. I was just looking online at the Greaser yesterday! The next pair I'm looking for (I don't really need anymore denim) is a full cut, cinch back from Full Count, Samurai, or Warehouse

20. VestCoast

Just wanted to post some update photos in this thread. Took these pictures today, I probably have about 80 hours of wear time in this jacket currently. We've had a warm fall in Austin so I haven't been able to wear it as often as I'd like. I spent a few days in Boston last weekend and wore it extensively, I really feel like it broke in significantly during the trip.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really love this jacket. This jacket is showing some evo at high wear areas--along zippers, collar, and sleeve openings. The sleeve creases have also settled in nicely. There is some graining difference between the right and left upper chest but I actually like the difference a lot.

This jacket fit very tight at the start but has loosened considerably. I have much more mobility at the shoulders but it's certainly not a good pick for a jumping jack competition. Thanks for taking a look, I'll aim to add some more evo pictures to this thread after winter. I hope this thread can be helpful to anyone looking to order a Sheene, and please feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Thanks!