Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene- Fit Advice and Creative Guidance

dubpynchon

One Too Many
The antique brass zips Aero provide are pretty cool as well, I have them on a Highwayman and as the jacket has been worn over the years the brass has gotten darker, so they look a bit like the black zips Schott does on some of their trendier jackets, but better.

I haven’t had any problems with the no 5 zips on any of my jackets, which might just be luck, although the tiny Talon zip on my Aero ANJ-4 is a PITA and always seems to take twice as long to zip up when I’m out in public.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
My jacket finally arrived! The fit feels great, obviously quite stiff but I can't wait to break it in. I took a bunch (too many maybe) photos in different light so I'll post those below. I'm really over the moon with this jacket, I cannot wait until the summer ends because the jacket is not compatible with the 100+ weather right now. I wanted to thank everyone here for your help both in this thread specifically and for the wealth of knowledge I sifted through to make the decisions for this order. Couldn't be happier with the jacket!

EBnogAH.jpg
X9VWrbq.jpg
wivT1ls.jpg
JomGf2j.jpg
Fl7iCg3.jpg
fdVTFTD.jpg
ChxL5LD.jpg
5JDi1zB.jpg

My jacket finally arrived! The fit feels great, obviously quite stiff but I can't wait to break it in. I took a bunch (too many maybe) photos in different light so I'll post those below. I'm really over the moon with this jacket, I cannot wait until the summer ends because the jacket is not compatible with the 100+ weather right now. I wanted to thank everyone here for your help both in this thread specifically and for the wealth of knowledge I sifted through to make the decisions for this order. Couldn't be happier with the jacket!

EBnogAH.jpg
X9VWrbq.jpg
wivT1ls.jpg
JomGf2j.jpg
Fl7iCg3.jpg
fdVTFTD.jpg
ChxL5LD.jpg
5JDi1zB.jpg

Perfect.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

EBnogAH.jpg
X9VWrbq.jpg
wivT1ls.jpg
JomGf2j.jpg
Fl7iCg3.jpg
fdVTFTD.jpg
ChxL5LD.jpg
5JDi1zB.jpg

There's no improving on that in terms of fit or style. You've nailed it.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

EBnogAH.jpg
X9VWrbq.jpg
wivT1ls.jpg
JomGf2j.jpg
Fl7iCg3.jpg
fdVTFTD.jpg
ChxL5LD.jpg
5JDi1zB.jpg

That's a perfect fit if i have ever seen one. Well done!

Absolutely nailed it! Looking back I'd have thought there's no way to improve the fit of the brown CR fit jacket. But somehow you've done just that! Doesn't get any better than that. Congrats!!

felix03

One of the Regulars
The fit it simply perfect. Great design choices, especially the yoke and brass hardware. RW 2966s looking good too (i've got about 7 wears on my new pair). What denim are you wearing? I'm a bit of a Japanese denim fanatic.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
The fit it simply perfect. Great design choices, especially the yoke and brass hardware. RW 2966s looking good too (i've got about 7 wears on my new pair). What denim are you wearing? I'm a bit of a Japanese denim fanatic.

Thanks! This pair is the Greaser cut from Left Field. The fabric is a twisted weft denim that is made in Xinjiang, China and I believe is part of a proprietary project/relationship that Left Field is developing with both a mill and a cotton growing company. I've got a lot of raw/selvedge jeans but this pair is probably my most comfortable fit-wise.

felix03

One of the Regulars
Thanks! This pair is the Greaser cut from Left Field. The fabric is a twisted weft denim that is made in Xinjiang, China and I believe is part of a proprietary project/relationship that Left Field is developing with both a mill and a cotton growing company. I've got a lot of raw/selvedge jeans but this pair is probably my most comfortable fit-wise.

What a coincidence. I was just looking online at the Greaser yesterday! The next pair I'm looking for (I don't really need anymore denim) is a full cut, cinch back from Full Count, Samurai, or Warehouse

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Just wanted to post some update photos in this thread. Took these pictures today, I probably have about 80 hours of wear time in this jacket currently. We've had a warm fall in Austin so I haven't been able to wear it as often as I'd like. I spent a few days in Boston last weekend and wore it extensively, I really feel like it broke in significantly during the trip.

C1ihOUH.jpg
zzzwtVn.jpg

dBwxml5.jpg

fPe4iR1.jpg

I really love this jacket. This jacket is showing some evo at high wear areas--along zippers, collar, and sleeve openings. The sleeve creases have also settled in nicely. There is some graining difference between the right and left upper chest but I actually like the difference a lot.

This jacket fit very tight at the start but has loosened considerably. I have much more mobility at the shoulders but it's certainly not a good pick for a jumping jack competition. Thanks for taking a look, I'll aim to add some more evo pictures to this thread after winter. I hope this thread can be helpful to anyone looking to order a Sheene, and please feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112