Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Pattern German Field Caps

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
I've always wanted a WW2 German officer's crusher but couldn't afford an original without risking divorce. So I decided a good repro in the collection would have to do.
After a lot of searching, I decided on one tailor-made in Germany and I'm really impressed. I had a Waffen SS Feldgendarmerie crusher. If you want one, try this website -
www.deutscheorden.de
and contact Gunnar. There's an English version of the site and Gunnar can correspond in English (just !).
The cap cost me 59 Euros (about $60) including postage to the UK - much cheaper than the US/UK repro dealers websites.
The cap doesn't look like the Far East clunkers you see on eBay. It has a nice smallish leather visor and a leather sweatband and has that delicate look and feel associated with genuine old caps. Gunnar can do crushers and stiff caps for Army/SS/Luftwaffe/Police/Kriegsmarine, and for Army and WSS you can have Fieldgray Wool, Trikot (gaberdine) or Offizier Wohl (doeskin). You can have a leather or fibre visor and a choice of 8 different makers labels. You can have any Waffenfarbe piping you like too.
You may have all already heard of this guy and I apologise if you have but I just thought it was worth passing the tip on to the Loungers.
Only problem is that the cap looks a bit pristine and I'm kind of reluctant to beat it up but I suppose I will so that it won't stand out displayed with my other caps. Has anyone "aged" a repro cap and can pass on some advice ?
(I'd post some pics but I can never get the hang of how to do it on this site - help on that too, please !)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace