Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old subway cars running again in NYC

BigFitz

Practically Family
Great site! The pictures reminded me of a great movie from the '60's, the incident. Here's a few stills from the movie. I'm not sure if they're the same type of cars in your post, but they look close to me. Sorry for the small pics:

thumbnail2.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

incident48.jpg

incident33.jpg

incident1.jpg

4.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There's a thread around here somewhere with a bunch of NYC Loungers riding that train a few years ago. Darned if I can find it.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Just last year, and again this year. On the 18th of Dec., there was a small swing combo riding around all afternoon, and several dozen vintage enthusiasts, some of whom are, and all of whom ought to be, members of the Lounge dressed up full tilt vintage and swing danced their way up and down New York City. I missed it this year, but saw some great videos, which I'll try to find and post. It's a really fun day.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Excuse me, it was Saturday, the 17th. Anyhow, here's one of several Youtube clips from that day:

[video=youtube;gPf8c9A15zY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPf8c9A15zY&context=C3c406c0ADOEgsToPDskLY2cst9-0d2VoE09jItyji[/video]

pgoat

One Too Many
I totally missed it this year, too busy on the weekends. [huh]

Just fyi for anyone who is interested the old trains they run are kept on permanent display at the NYC transit museum (along with lots of other cool stuff to see), so definitely something to put on your agenda if you are visiting.

If you love old subway trains also check this link out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy