Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old TIME Radio!!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Check with your local antique radio repair shop, there are a few kits out there and perhaps they could put one together for you.

I believe the Vectronics AM transmitter kit is the easiest one to build.

Some of the online radio restro. shops sell AM transmitters already built as well.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Hey wouldn't it be cool if you could get an AM transmitter for an iPod?

I mean you could upload all of your favorites onto the iPod an then transmit them to your original AM radio in your vintage jalopy?

Waiting for the tubes to warm up, all exited about hearing the tunes over the radio. How cool would that be?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Currently on Radio Classics on Sirius, they are playing nothing but Christmas themed radio shows. Interesting stuff..suspense and crime shows all with holiday storylines!

Barry

Practically Family
flat-top said:
Currently on Radio Classics on Sirius, they are playing nothing but Christmas themed radio shows. Interesting stuff..suspense and crime shows all with holiday storylines!

I have XM and channel 4 (40s music) is great as are many of the other channels.

I love XM radio.

Barry

All these links are great, and i love the idea of being able to broadcast the stuff I own to my ACTUAL RADIOS

I have a couple vintage radios and live in CA. It's so sad the last decent AM station that played old stuff got gobbled up by those radio monsters who shall remain nameless...

I do buy OTR shows from OTRcat.com, and I love how fun their site is and that they are promoting the preservation and dissemination of OTR! I think they deserve a few bucks for all that work they do, so I buy something now and then.

now to go check out that archives site!

:eek:fftopic: I could spend entire days listening to 78s too.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
AM Transmitter

This has been mentioned in a number of places, but the SSTran AMT3000 low power AM transmitter works like a charm. You can find it on the web. (Disclaimer: I'm not getting anything for plugging this product!) I got it preassembled, which about doubles the cost to about $160, but it's SOOOO worth it! I just have one big old Zenith 10 tube console, and I use it frequently. Whenever I listen to CD's or Internet radio playing music of the pre Hifi era I use this hook up. And according to the manufacturer it's completely legal, no license required. It's great!!!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Radio Spirits Find at the Salvation Army

Radio Spirits, of course, is responsable for getting many OTR programs out. Yesterday, while at the Salvation Army on Pico, I snatched up a 10 CD set of "Thrilling Mysteries, containing 20 programs from shows like The Clock, Escape, Lights Out, The Sealed Book, and others. 10 hours of programs for only...$3! Great deals are still out there for those who have the time and patience to look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner