Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old TIME Radio!!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not sure if anybody ever mentioned this, but I just got Sirius Satellite and there is a station called Radio Classics that plays old radio shows non stop! I just heard an episode of The Shadow, and now I'm listening to a Phillip Marlowe!! And in between they played a Louis Jordan song!!
Who knew that modern technology could help make my life MORE vintage!
flat-top

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I'm with you, Flat-Top...my brand new Buick came with XM and they also have a classic radio channel, as well as a 40's decade channel and a channel dedicated to Frank Sinatra and his contemporaries. It is simply outstanding! Drove home late two nights ago listening to "The Inner Sanctum." Just had to reach up and turn down the dash lights!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
This is good stuff! But, what burns me is that it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s being broadcasted by other methods then AM!!! Having 25+ antique radios and nothing good to hear is really frustrating!

Vintage programs on modern media are just sick and twisted and wrong.

=WR=

PS. The term of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìOld Tyme Radio?¢‚Ǩ? is incorrect, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s ?¢‚Ǩ?ìOld Time Radio?¢‚Ǩ?.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks, I thought so. The term "Old Tyme" pronounced as "Old Timie" is not really a word I think. Reminds me of something an uninformed mother would say when in an antique shop which only exists in verbal communication.

Say, I remember when KNX used to broadcast "Old Time" radio. It was great up till August or September of 2003. Those shmoes canceled that classic hour of radio bliss! Boy, I sent them a strong worded letter I'll tell ya! And I wasn't the only one upset over the whole deal.:rage:

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Huh? No one is blaming you ... really.

My high school had an "Old Tyme Radio" club. That's right: it was spelled with a "y". I didn't like the spelling then! When I read this thread in the Lounge, I never ascribed the "y" spelling to you. I just assumed it's the way that Golden Era radio fans spell it. Nothing personal, I assure you.

So don't yer skidaddle. Sit a spell and chew the fat with us.
:cheers1:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh man, I see that Flat-Top just changed the spelling of Tyme to Time in all caps! Say Flat-Top, did Marc and I get to you? I hope not because there was no vicious intent behind it.;)

My self, I find it funny that you put it in all caps. You're quite the guy!

=WR=

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
For those who are really into old time/tyme/thyme radio, you can buy MP3s of entire series of old time radio programs at Otrcat.com. I've purchased their entire 13-CD set of the Jack Benny program and it's great stuff.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
I remember when KNX used to broadcast "Old Time" radio. It was great up till August or September of 2003. Those shmoes canceled that classic hour of radio bliss! Boy, I sent them a strong worded letter I'll tell ya! And I wasn't the only one upset over the whole deal.:rage: =WR=

Arrgh! We lost our local OTR broadcast not too long ago.

At least on my block, you can tune in if you know the secret frequency, when I plug the "black box" in.;)

xmitter.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Nope, it's still wrong. :rage: I'll tell you why, we're simply discussing vintage life styles, not listening to historical broadcasts or music. You'll never persuade the mind of a vintage radio collector who has nothing but AM vintage radios. The AM frequency is a programming barren wasteland.

Cheers!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21