Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older Schmitt 141 fit.

Dennis Holt

New in Town
Got this Schott 141 in brown off Electronic bay and was wanting to check up on the fit. I was a little concerned about the sleeve length cause I’m a little over 6 feet tall and Schotts website says to get a tall if 6 feet or taller. This is a regular and feels ok to me but just wanted confirmation.
upload_2018-12-4_18-21-5.jpeg

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
I was interested to learn about Schmitt jackets. Alas.

Still, I might find the sleeves a bit annoying. Would probably want a full inch less. But it seems to be in the range where those looking for more coverage while riding would like the fit. Also looks like the sleeves aren't that worn in, though, which means that it might come up a bit as you get some more robust wrinkles.

Am I also wrong in thinking it might be a touch short in the body? Might be useful to see a picture with a pair of non sweatpants, unless that is your normal leather jacket outfit.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I agree with @Bigbenbs, don't worry about it being too short, if anything the sleeves are already slightly too long...
Body looks good, overall i think it's a good fit.

Dennis Holt

New in Town
Thanks for the input fellas! Yeah the sleeves are a little long which surprised me because it a regular size 44 and I’m usually a long in a suit jacket. Don’t really bother me too much though. I’ll get some pics up of me wearing more appropriate attire so as to give a better reference where the body length falls. Those are actually pajama pants. Classy.

Colin G

One Too Many
Sleeve length looks fine to me. Hold your arms out straight in front of you and see how much the sleeves ride up.

Most people don't walk around or move about with arms down at their sides all the time. If you don't move at all, shorter sleeves are fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24