Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
You are going to love it GoldLeaf. They become so much a part of your life that you can't even remember what it was like without them.

EXACTLY.

jamespowers said:
I kind of wish he would learn to walk to the bathroom and use it on his own though.

EXACTLY.

Dr Doran

Holy Resurrected Threads, Batman!

Wow. Well, my dad was almost 50 when I was born and my IQ isn't suffering. My daughter was born when I was 36 and she was tested as having 3 year old verbal ability already at 2 years and 3 months. But then again if neither of us had waited, maybe the scores would have been higher ... who knows. And of course one must not hold one's own experience as generally representative, as horribly tempting as that can be ....

Isn't that link to only one study? Well, I love studies. Let's see how this topic pans out.

Then again, seeing how censored IQ research can be, it may get quashed ... I'm thinking of J. Philippe Rushton and Arthur Jenson, and of course Watson of Watson And Crick, the founders of DNA.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
My parents were dead before I was born and, ummm, I've got an i.q. of 947, and uhhh my 16 brothers and I can juggle, whistle any symphony ever written - backwards, and cook the perfect crepe. lol
02857c9acb6b17af.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
"The significance of the effect linking paternal age and child cognition is small compared to many other socio-cultural factors -- for example good prenatal nutrition, good nutrition for the offspring, good education, nurturing home life, excellent teaching and school opportunities [and so on]."

Ya, think!?!? :rolleyes:

Established older men can make fine parents; mind you, today it's usually their second families (the progeny of trophy wives) which reap the benefits.

Chas

One Too Many
At the end of the day, who gives a poop?

Whatever makes you happy, fill your boots, and be damned to what anyone else thinks. Anyone who seeks approval in this life ends up miserable and is an unwitting schmuck.

Dr Doran

Tomasso said:
"The significance of the effect linking paternal age and child cognition is small compared to many other socio-cultural factors -- for example good prenatal nutrition, good nutrition for the offspring, good education, nurturing home life, excellent teaching and school opportunities [and so on]."

Ya, think!?!? :rolleyes:

Established older men can make fine parents; mind you, today it's usually their second families (the progeny of trophy wives) which reap the benefits.

I suspect heredity may play a part as well.

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:
Well at nine months he is still not on a regular schedule. Sleep?! What is that? I just love waking up at 1, 4 and 7 every morning. :p
The whole thing about how fast they learn is amazing. Stand up, take a few steps, fall down and do it all over again. :D
You are going to love it GoldLeaf. They become so much a part of your life that you can't even remember what it was like without them. I kind of wish he would learn to walk to the bathroom and use it on his own though. ;)

Regards,

J

Love hearing a man enjoying being a father. Nothing better than that.

Miss 1929

Now, THAT'S philosophy!

Chas said:
At the end of the day, who gives a poop?

Whatever makes you happy, fill your boots, and be damned to what anyone else thinks. Anyone who seeks approval in this life ends up miserable and is an unwitting schmuck.

I totally agree.

$ally

One Too Many
My parents were in their 40s when they had me, and I'm freaking brilliant. Well, I'm alright anyway; 4.0 in college, no health problems (not even allergies). They had my brothers when they were in their 20s, and well, my brothers are taller and more outgoing...
hmmmmm [huh]

donCarlos

Practically Family
Talbot said:
A person's outlook determines thier age.

One of the youngest people I know is Gil Askey - he's 84 and one of the most youthful people I have ever met.
Talbot
That´s true! One of our dons (I hope that´s the right expression for a college/university teacher), he´s 72 years old and each time we see him, he always says two things:
"I forbid you to die before you´re 80, there´s too much to do!"
and
"I´m attending a philosophy class after I finish here. Who´s in?"
(and some more, like "You´re young, you seek happiness, but you don´t know what it is. I´m old, I know it. It´s money" lol )

That man is younger than we are...

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Chas said:

Exactly. We all have to live our lives as we see fit.
That's all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass