Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
NicolettaRose said:
I have always dated men old then me, I find men my own age to be immature and don't have their lives figured out yet.

That doesn't seem to be the case with me. My boyfriend is 30 (I'm 22) and he's way more immature than me!

Shimmy Sally

Zig2k143 said:
Lol yea but we can have children at any point in our lives.... We don't expire at a certain age and stop producing sperm like women do with their eggs.
Actually, yes you do, read the recent medical research. You will produce less sperm, which will be less mobile and less healthy, as you age. Not to mention the lack of ability to deliver the goods.
As to women "expiring"; my Mom was 41 when she had me. The women in my family continue to have children up to around age 55 (dang good ones, at that). Many women continue to give birth into old age. I can’t believe our misogynist culture.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Well it seems Anthony Quinn had two children after the age of 82 and 13 children all together....

He must of had some good sperm. :)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Anyone who would have children should first consider whether they will likely be healthy and energetic enough for the next 20 years to take care of them.

cgab1

One of the Regulars
I used to attract older women when I was a young man in my twenties. Now, at 43, I prefer them younger for obvious reasons, but not too much younger. But I must say, I enjoyed dating older women at the time.

Cgab

warbird

One Too Many
When I was in my twenties I liked older women. They tended to have more tolerance for my moody, loner guy on a bike lifestyle. They didn't care if I was an athlete, which i was, but jock I wasn't. They weren't particularly needy which was good because I spent a lot of my time gone on the weekends or flying, which some of them liked to do as well. Strange but most of the girls my age didn't like to fly. The largest separation in ages if I recall was dating a 38 or 39 year old when i was 21.

But I didn't just like them older, I liked professional, well educated women. Businesswomen, museum director, doctor, lawyer, politician (no names), chemist, artist, apartment building owner (yes the one I lived in). Thats enough.

Strangely I ended up marrying a woman six months my junior who hated flying and motorcycles, my two greatest passions. At least she did like guns and was an attorney.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
cgab1 said:
I used to attract older women when I was a young man in my twenties. Now, at 43, I prefer them younger for obvious reasons, but not too much younger. But I must say, I enjoyed dating older women at the time.

Cgab

I'm 38... My xwife is 48... my daugter's mother is 30.... my last bunch of girlfriends ranged from 23 - 26... although I am much happier with My Lovely at 32. :)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Paisley said:
Anyone who would have children should first consider whether they will likely be healthy and energetic enough for the next 20 years to take care of them.

Or at least make sure your wife is.. :)

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
I'm currently seeing a gent 8 years younger than me. It's interesting. Most of the time I don't notice it at all. Simply the people that we are --- our interests, characters, personalities --- mesh incredibly well. As Aaron said: It just works.

I actually think that outside of each other, neither of us spends much time within our age group any way. All of my closest friends are significantly older or younger, and he is almost always with people significantly older. I don't think either of us considers people along the lines of their age, but simply by the quality of the people that they are.

On rare occasions of course I notice it, and I'm sure he does too, but usually the behavior that reminds me of the difference is so different and distant from me in time, that I find it endearing.

Edward

Bartender
Daisy Buchanan said:
For the most part I've always dated men a bit older than me. I was engaged to a man 7 years my senior, we met when I had just turned 19 and was just a freshman in college. He had been out of college for a few years. I was with him for nearly 4 years, and it was the best relationship I ever had. For some silly reason, going into my senior year of college I decided that I preferred having fun with my friends than being engaged, so I broke things off. You know that mentality of the 22 year old who wants to see the world and be free. Oh what a silly mentality.

That's kinda funny.... I was on the opposite end of something very similar. Screwed my head right up for a long time, those first six months were..... well, weired headspace to say the least. Turned out she wasn't a nice person at all, though, so I guess I got off lightly - ten months later and she'd have taken half my home and everything else she could! Silver linings...

That was my biggest age gap (number 2). Other than that, it's been two years younger (number 1), and my only older woman, number 3, the last one was ten days older than me. None of them were great successes, but hey ho... trying not to jump to the easy conclusion that the blame must lie with the one glaring common factor - other sources I can trust have assured me I've just been unlucky! The young lady I'm totally besotted with these last few months will turn 31 next week... nothing happening there for now, but one lives in (probably vain) hope. Eh well. I don't think an age gap has to be a problem - my seven year age gap relationship sure was dysfunctional in many ways ther'es no need to go into here, but I suspect in retrospect that was more a personality thing than anything else. Ultimately, it's all down to two people - if it works for them, it works for them. I tend towards people of my own age. There are exceptions, but i find a connection with folks who grew up at the same time and with the same records / kids TV/ etc as I did that is absent with someone of a different generation. Cultural issues are a big question for me too.... I find that the English, for instance, just think differently than do we Celts.... wouldn't put me off an English girl if the right one came along, but nonetheless, there's a way of approaching life that for me my fellow Celts have (and more so the Scots, so like the Irish when it comes down to it, than the Welsh) that as a general rule would tend to suggest greater compatability to me. Course, both those make it awkward for me, living in London and now in my early 30s - damn few and far between girls my age that I meet and have anything in common with are single at all, and I find I'm fighting a lot of the attitude of "why are you still single at your age, what's wrong with you" - or maybe that's just my paranoia, hah.

Ultimatley I'm a believer in whatever works for folks themselves, as long as they're realistic about it..... "c'est la vie say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell", and all that...

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Miss Neecerie said:
You win.....erm a date with your wife...geez....you have the great wife -and- you still want a prize......;)

And what a prize it is. We had our date last night and went to the grand opening of the local Home Depot. LOL. Actually, we go out to breakfast every Friday morning before opening the store. It's not big and fancy but we both look forward to it. It really is the little things that count most.

Aaron

K

killertomata

I'm 37, my boyfriend is 30. He's the oldest guy I've dated in a few years though. I look very young, at my oldest-looking people guess 27. On a good night, people guess 25. I don't feel my age at all, whatever that might really mean... I just know that when I met guys my own age around here, they are all married or very jaded and bitter. lol

For a few years there I dated only 25 year olds. It was who I met for one thing, they were who approached me. After a few dates though I realized that I needed someone who was older or at least had more life experience within his 25 years.

I like that the boyfriend I have now is old enough to have gotten past some terrible 20s stuff but is young enough to have not yet been jaded. :D

His parents? His dad is in his 80s and his mom is 60. They've been married 40 years, and still going strong. It was really nice to meet them and see this still happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112