Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by John in Covina, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. **********

H.I. Mc Dunnah. (Raising Arizona)

HI: You're a Desert Flower that what you are!

Ed:Turn to the right! Show the tattoo!

2. Twitch

Twitch My Mail is Forwarded Here

I say whatever turns you on. As long as it's legal it's nobody's business.:)

3. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

Come to think of it - and I am a happily married man - but if - let's just say if Sophia Loren (who is 10-12 years older than me) invited me on a date...;) ;) ;) :D Well, I would not and could not turn her down, could I???
    (Wonder if she's a member of the lounge)

4. FedoraGent

FedoraGent One Too Many

It's quite the reverse for me...

I've found that it is quite the reverse for me. Magneto is a couple of years OLDER than I am and I suppose it works the other way for her. As the younger of the two, I suppose that her attitude is alot younger than mine, but I think this is common for me. I've always dated women older than me.

FG.

5. Pilotguy299

Pilotguy299 One of the Regulars

I think it depends

I've dated women older and younger than me and never really saw it as an issue. It's more about the "connection" and shared interest in activities and each other. Now I'll agree that it may be less likely to share interests with someone who is "relatively" older or younger (17+22 vs 30+35) but not always. I have more of a connection with a friend who is 10 years younger than I am than I do with some people my age. But I also have a connection with another friend who is 8 years older than me. To me age differences only seem to really be an issue when people are extremely young or extremely old.

6. Twitch

Twitch My Mail is Forwarded Here

Spitfire I think if that happened it would be a very platonic event at your stage in life, or mine. Your wife would probably encourage you to do it!:)

7. pretty faythe

pretty faythe One Too Many

I hadn't, not until last Saturday. Well, I'd driven through there, but never been there. Now I have!!

8. ferryengr

ferryengr One of the Regulars

My last trip to AZ was through the north. The Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelly, Route 66 - Arizona is beautiful!

9. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

Don't know about you Twitch.
    But no matter the event - and what ever way it went. It would be grand!
    And - you are right - my wife doesn't mind:D :D
    So Sophia - have you lost my number?

10. Paisley

Paisley I'll Lock Up

Last night a 21-year-old guy hit on me. I told him I was 38, and he said I looked 25 and I was the most beautiful girl in the room. (Where's the swoon emoticon?) I said that I'd rather date someone my own age. :)

Later, I thought, what have guys my own age ever done for me? Maybe the fact that I seldom meet any is a sign that we're not very compatible. Why not go out with this guy? :)

11. Zig2k143

Zig2k143 Practically Family

I'm with most of you... It isn't the person's age its their maturity level...

I'm 38 and my xwfie is 48 and my daughters mother is 30 and my last girlfriend is 23...

Age is just a number...

12. Mr. Rover

Mr. Rover One Too Many

*sigh* That older girl I was swooning for told me to call her...when I turned 20. :eusa_doh: I can't afford her anyway...

13. FedoraGent

FedoraGent One Too Many

P,

I say go ahead and go out with this guy...however having set the expectation that you would rather date someone your age...re-frame the conversation so that he knows your interested and not just playing with his head. I had a girl friend go ahead and do that...and she's now been with the same guy for years. Exactly a 10 year difference in between. Same situation, younger man too.

Go for it. If it doesn't work out due to his maturity level or similarities for conversation at least you'll know you gave it a shot.

I almost didn't pursue Magneto. And if I hadn't taken the chance, we wouldn't be the happy vintage couple we are today.

:)

FG.

14. FedoraGent

FedoraGent One Too Many

Ray, no loss then. Find someone that isn't worth the price of a mink stole... in other words find a gal that likes you for who you are rather than the excess of your wallet.

FG.

15. Paisley

Paisley I'll Lock Up

I did mention to him that I'd been interested in a few young guys, but for different reasons (one lived in another state, the other was just way too young--19 to my 36) we didn't get together. We could go to lunch; he works a few blocks from my office.

Thanks for your reply, Fedora Gent.

16. Lancealot

Lancealot Practically Family

I also say go for it.

I was on the other end of the situation with the lady I'm dating now. When I met her I wanted to go out with her but she thought I was to young my 28 to her 37. We met through friends and started hanging out and have since started dating and it has gone wonderfully so far.

I tend to date older women just for the maturity level. Not that being older automatically makes them more mature it just tends to work out that way.

17. Shimmy Sally

Shimmy Sally Registered User

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17937814/
    Having a child with an older man increases the odds of mental disorders. So yes, go with the young healthy men instead, if you plan to have children.

18. Zig2k143

Zig2k143 Practically Family

Lol yea but we can have children at any point in our lives.... We don't expire at a certain age and stop producing sperm like women do with their eggs. ;)

19. Jack Scorpion

Jack Scorpion One Too Many

Went to the grocery store yesterday. My platonic friend, a girl who is a year older, and I split the groceries up to pay separately. We each had a bottle of vodka in the pile. She got carded. I didn't. Maybe it is time to shave the beard. It messes up the age scorekeepers.

20. Martinis at 8

Martinis at 8 Practically Family

All I can say about this thread is that it's great to be me :eusa_clap :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.