Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
Unless Gina Lollobrigida is a member of the Lounge, I've concluded that my husband's and my age difference is the widest: I am 17 years older than he.

BB, I think that's fantastic! My first thought was "you go girl!" :)

I think it's a bit of a shame that there have been a few 'jaded' outlooks in this thread ..

Happiness comes to all of us in such mysterious ways .. sometimes the bitter enhances the sweet that follows.

decodoll

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
Unless Gina Lollobrigida is a member of the Lounge, I've concluded that my husband's and my age difference is the widest: I am 17 years older than he.

Nope...you must have missed my post. :)

rockyj

One of the Regulars
Why doese age scare us?

I work at a High school and I can still out run, out lift (weights) and do more push-ups then 17 and 18 year olds. Yet they look at me as if I should be in a coffin:mad:
Ahh, All talk no action;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BegintheBeguine said:
Although it is true some of the 'jaded' remarks against older gals in this thread were starting to bug me.
Just curious, but which posts contained these remarks?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I don't recall any posts that said anything against older women--but I saw quite a few that complained about women gold diggers and "immature" younger men. :(

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not funny

I was joking and as usual flubbed it! My pal Spitfire mentioned that the young guys had to put up with seeing us older gals in the bedroom, which gave me a good chuckle. Sorry if I confused, angered, bored or frightened anyone and I'll try not to make jokes again.

BegintheBeguine said:
I was joking and as usual flubbed it! My pal Spitfire mentioned that the young guys had to put up with seeing us older gals in the bedroom, which gave me a good chuckle. Sorry if I confused, angered, bored or frightened anyone and I'll try not to make jokes again.

Aww, Ms. Ashley, don't give up! (Seeing someone else struggle with the 'humor' issue inspires me to keep fighting it myself!);)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
BegintheBeguine said:

My dear BtB, it was meant exactly to do just that. Glad you liked it;)
Cheers pal.

BegintheBeguine said:

It happens every once in a while.

What seemed like witty reparte some how gets taken as a hideously insensative post.

Oh, well!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Oh, you guys probably are funny. It's just that the humor is wasted on a few of us who can be rather literal, though. :eek: No offense taken.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BegintheBeguine said:
I was joking and as usual flubbed it! My pal Spitfire mentioned that the young guys had to put up with seeing us older gals in the bedroom, which gave me a good chuckle.

No need to quit joking, just direct your quip at your intended target and add a smiley or two to identify it as friendly.

Like so:

BegintheBeguine said:
some of the 'jaded' remarks against older gals in this thread were starting to bug me. (Spitfire [bad] ;) ) .
ooooooo

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
I don't like girls my age. Too silly. Or they try too hard. I definitely don't like younger girls. They act too grown. Then they stay that way for 15 years. Teenagers until age 30. Scary.

BegintheBeguine said:
lol lol Spitfire could never bug me, he's too cute and cuddly-looking. Wow, I'm amazed at the responses and concersns, and here I thought I was on everyone's ignore list. ;)

Not with that Southern accent, you ain't! At least, not this weary, prematurely-old rattler's...;) lol

"Do not worry about your difficulties... I can assure you that mine are still greater."--Albert Einstein

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
It's called an opportunity

That's like when you've lost your job. People hand you a platitude: now think of all the opportunities you have! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk