Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickpea

Familiar Face
My vote goes to older men, but as I´m getting older myself men at my age seems to mature. Funny thing... lol

If I were to date again I would make efforts to date men at least 10 years my senior. It´s just something about it that feels right to me
Younger men are almost a turn-off (pardon me all youngsters)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
"You've been married to a little boy and an old man. Why not try someone of the right age - with a way with women?"

rhett_butler.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
Before their early thirties, younger women tend to have better figures but less finesse, if you catch my drift.

IMO, thirty-five is the sweet spot of womanhood. :)

Nigel

One of the Regulars
FWIW my wife is 8 years older than me, she being 44, myself being 36. There is no "leader" in our relationship as it were. I didn't look for an older woman, I thought she was about 36 when we first met. Age IMO doesn't matter, it's the person inside what counts.
Here we are at our wedding in Vegas last year
normal_Wedding_resize_forums.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I find women my age OLD!!!!! Heck - I am OLD!
That's why I married a beautifull woman 10 years younger than myself more than twenty years ago. I could see it comming.:D

What I really can't understand or find hard to accept is when mature/middelaged men gets divorced from the mother of their children only to change to a even younger "model". That is downright pathetic.
I mean what do you have in common. What do you talk about. Beyonces latest hit? Piercing or no piercing?
Get a life, man!:rage:

What younger men see in older women is up to them - they have to watch them in the bedroom. Not me. But I perfectly understands the elder women. (And I do not mean you Nigel - and your lovely wife. I am talking about a gap!!!)

Hope I did not step on anybodys toes here..:eusa_doh:

Rafter

Suspended
Older men and younger women use each other, similar to a business arrangement. He's got money, assets, power or security; she's got youth and beauty. If the money runs out, or someone richer comes along, she'll break the lease, leaving him with an empty wallet and his arms around a tree!:mad:

As for the Older Woman, Younger Man...
The words to this Jerome A. Holst song seems to sum it all up!
They were walking through the rain
Down quiet city streets
They were two lonely people
In need of company
The sun was going down
As he reached for her hand
She was an older woman
He was a younger man
Older Woman, Younger Man
Searching desperately for romance

They climbed up wooden stairs
To her apartment home
They spent that night in loving arms
Together not alone
As the sounds of morning came
And the dark of night did fade
That older woman was young again
And that younger man had aged
Older Woman, Younger Man
Searching desperately for romance

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Rafter said:
Older men and younger women use each other, similar to a business arrangement. He's got money, assets, power or security; she's got youth and beauty. If the money runs out, or someone richer comes along, she'll break the lease, leaving him with an empty wallet and his arms around a tree!:mad:

Not in all cases. A good friend of mine had a long-term relationship with an older man who was just incredibly cheap: He had three cars and one battery between them. When the shoulder rest on his phone fell apart, he taped some wadded-up newspaper to the receiver. But they had great conversations and he made a mean smoked turkey.

Shearer

Practically Family
Paisley said:
Not in all cases. A good friend of mine had a long-term relationship with an older man who was just incredibly cheap: He had three cars and one battery between them. When the shoulder rest on his phone fell apart, he taped some wadded-up newspaper to the receiver. But they had great conversations and he made a mean smoked turkey.

I'm with you on this Paisley (and yikes, I wasn't even going to get into this convo). That above scenario just sounds like your basic gold digger - which I might add can be of either sex ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Rafter said:

Speaking from experience?

pigeon toe

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Well, it really depends on the age difference. There is such a huge difference between a 21 year old paired with a 30 year old and a 27 year old paired with a 36 year old. Sure, each case has a 9 year difference, but it really depends on where each person is in their life. Once you're settled into a career and some semblance of financial stability, an age difference is really not such a big deal.

Totally true! Since I'm still young (19) I'm more prone to thinking about age differences within the late teens and 20's. It's a lot less important once you reach mid-late 20's I believe. And for certain people, like yourself, age is never that important. But I feel for a lot of people it is.

I also feel that a lot of younger women (late teens, early 20's) put a lot of expectations on a relationship with an older man that aren't necessarily realistic. I know a lot of girls fall in lust over these men based on age (and the things that usually come with it, money and a degree of power) alone, which I think is foolish. A lot of young women romanticize older men way too much, which just ends up ruining things for the both of them.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
What I really can't understand or find hard to accept is when mature/middelaged men gets divorced from the mother of their children only to change to a even younger "model". That is downright pathetic.
I mean what do you have in common. What do you talk about. Beyonces latest hit? Piercing or no piercing?
Get a life, man!:rage:

What younger men see in older women is up to them - they have to watch them in the bedroom. Not me. But I perfectly understands the elder women. (And I do not mean you Nigel - and your lovely wife. I am talking about a gap!!!)

Hope I did not step on anybodys toes here..:eusa_doh:

Well said.:eusa_clap

Chanfan

A-List Customer
My father was 7 years older than my mother, but hey, he was back from the war, in back in collage, when he met her. Wars kind of interrupt things.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
All it takes is a really nasty, messy, endless, money-sucking divorce to bring anyone to that conclusion.

We have some clients who have been in the process of getting a divorce for something like five years. In fact, our clients, who have a lot of money to fight over, typically take years to get a divorce.

It's food for thought for anyone who gets involved with someone rich, hoping they'll leave their spouse. First, they probably won't. Second, even if they do, the divorce may take years and the lawyers, accountants and ex will take most of the loot. Third, after all is said and done, what you end up with is a cheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana