Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ONCE IN AWHILE THE FILMMAKERS GET IT RIGHT!! (Wallis & Edward - BBC)

Bugsy

One Too Many
So often in films, the wardrobes go over the top in period pieces. However, not all the time. I just finished watching the BBC film Wallis & Edward just released. The actors' costumes in this piece are amazing. It looks as though the entire budget was used to find actual period pieces for both the men and women. (I would loved to play in the wardrobe department for a day.) I doubt there is a female member of the Lounge whose heart will not skip a beat when she sees the millinery in the film, let alone the gowns. The only lapse I saw was in one scene where the Prince was wearing a dinner suit sporting a shirt with buttons and not studs. But that's like looking at the dandelions in the redwood forest; they even got his socks right. I'd be interested to know what others, more knowledgeable than I, might think of the accuracy of this film. Enjoy!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Bugsy said:
The only lapse I saw was in one scene where the Prince was wearing a dinner suit sporting a shirt with buttons and not studs.
Maybe it's a Royal thing. ;) Seriously, studs aren't a requirement for proper semi-formal wear. BTW, the movie sounds like a must see.

PrincePhilip.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
scotrace said:
I find this on the BBC America site, but no upcoming showings. Have we missed it altogether?

I've updated the thread title for clarity.

Thank you for the update and clarity. I'm trying to remember now if the Prince was wearing a tuxedo or tails. No matter, there is still enough to see and it is a well done film.
Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy