Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oops, she did it again! - Bespoke Gabardine Trousers - Pictures!!!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
After the outstanding result with my heavy linen trousers (see http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?54529-Bespoke-trousers-extremely-heavy-vintage-linen-twill-a-pictorial-review&highlight=) I commissioned another pair of trousers from a cream 12oz. John G. Hardy wool gabardine I had acquired last year. The design is more conventional this time. Usually I don't go for the light flimsy pajama weight fabrics and 12oz. is about the lightest weight I am willing to try. The drape isn't quite as good as with heavier cloth, but that was to be expected. My trousermaker did an outstanding job again.

IMG_0489.JPG

tunnel belt loops and side adjusters
IMG_0490.JPG

money/watch pocket detail
IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

The only draw-back: I'll have a 1cm wide belt loop added in the middle of the back because the fabric tends to slip down a little when wearing a belt. A belt loop in the middle will raise the back a little and result in a cleaner line of the back crease.
IMG_0493.JPG

Cuffs can be unbuttoned
IMG_0494.JPG

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Yep, it needs to be fixed. She's gonna hate me because I'm so picky, but she'll also learn a lot and get even better.

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
Congrats on the new trousers. Good job of workmanship. needs to be let out a bit through the crotch/thigh, as it looks to be pulling and cupping under your seat. minor alteration.

Yes, something to control that belt. Not so successful, I think, as your linen trousers, but a good job overall.

One thing to mention to her - it's a common problem with modern tailors making vintage styles - is to add more fabric to the very upper part of the thighs and seat. Right now, they're cut like a modern pair of trousers, and very tight across the buttocks. I've almost, but not quite, managed to train my man out of this 'error'.

bk

GBR

One of the Regulars
You have moved from flap/button back pockets to jetted, one button, other not. Any reason for this style change?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
@Baron Kurtz
Thanks for the feedback. Could you post a picture to point out how it ought to look like instead?

@GBR
Yes, there is. Variety. And I like the look of the jetted pockets better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24