Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Called Garland today, myself

I picked up a open crown prototype at the Stetson Outlet Store today. I think it's probably the Stetsonian but not labeled on the sweatband. There was only one available and it's size 7 1/8 / 57cm so I will be putting up for sale.

...to see if any of these had filtered down. I was told if this is new for '14, I'd just as well call next year. FWIW [huh]

So are these exclusive to Delmonico or are they out & about?

This is a prototype so no model name on the sweatband. I think the binding color is also different. I will take some photos of it with my cell phone (I am on travel). When I showed the ladies at the counter the hat they had no idea what it was until I mentioned the new open crown models. They said those models should be available sometime in 2014. Also have no idea if there will be any other prototypes up for sale.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
...to see if any of these had filtered down. I was told if this is new for '14, I'd just as well call next year. FWIW [huh]

So are these exclusive to Delmonico or are they out & about?

No they are not. We just jumped on them early and I talked Mr. DelMonico into to giving Lounge members a deal.

Jeff

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Im impressed in the interest these hats have gotten on the lounge and in our stores. We had calls for them and didn't know they existed. Most of the public don't seem to want tall open crown hats but there are a select audience of loyal hat wearers that seem to be drawn to this type of hat . I give Delmonico's a thumbs up for reintroducing these models to todays hat customers.

DougC

Practically Family
...and the other hat stores that also "introduced" these hats to the public. But, mostly for Stetson-they are taking a risk with these hats. A calculated risk given what I think is a renewed interest in vintage style hats given all the mobster-themed shows on TV this month.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I also think that it's quite possible that more customers will express interest in such hats when they can see and feel such nice-looking examples. If you've never seen such a hat before, you are unlikely to walk into a hat shop and request one. After all, you probably would figure that they aren't made if a large hat specialty shop doesn't have any. So as fine retailers like Delmonico and Bencraft start carrying these hats, we may well see customers far beyond the Lounger membership picking up one of these lids. I sure hope so.

...and the other hat stores that also "introduced" these hats to the public. But, mostly for Stetson-they are taking a risk with these hats. A calculated risk given what I think is a renewed interest in vintage style hats given all the mobster-themed shows on TV this month.

My thoughts too, between the mobster movies, and shows like Boardwalk Empire, maybe interest will rise.

Yes I was hoping there would be more in larger sizes but this was the only one they had. As mentioned I can't find any flaw in the felt or finish so this is a nice one.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well just plunked down for a Stetsonian, they must've got some 7s in this week. Can't wait to see what else they come up with!

Sounds grand.
I dunno which way to jump. [huh]
I LIKE the extra 1/2" on the crown of the Stetsonian (& the killer logo) but favor the thin ribbon of the Strat.
I wish they were running it with a Sil Bel or light gray option.
Either way I see one in my future. This effort must be validated by the hat wearing public!

tommyK

One Too Many
snowhat1_zpsd73d2eef.jpg
"Deckstons" love bad weather

Sounds grand.
I dunno which way to jump. [huh]
I LIKE the extra 1/2" on the crown of the Stetsonian (& the killer logo) but favor the thin ribbon of the Strat.
I wish they were running it with a Sil Bel or light gray option.
Either way I see one in my future. This effort must be validated by the hat wearing public!

Aww heck Rick, go for both!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24