Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

hatband

One of the Regulars
Stetsonian Ordered today. I have only owned vintage stetson's prior to this so will be keen to see how the Stetsonian stands up against my Akubra,s.:)

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I wish Matt would tell us more about The Runabout.

Yes it would be nice but most companies do not talk about unreleased products. There might be a delay or they might decide not to even make an item. I would like to see this line of hats work similar to how Levis due their LVC line of vintage reproduction jeans, and jackets. We will have to wait and see. 5 to 6 week wait for the current offering.

viclip

Practically Family
I put in for the Stetsonian. Perhaps I'll be the first Canuck to post a review of the reissued series.

Duper

Practically Family
I wish Matt would tell us more about The Runabout.

Hatworks staff told me via a Facebook chat that they have the Runabout in Caribou, Walnut and Sage in stock. $169.00. Cloth sweatband, unlined. Sizing is S, M, L, XL. They didn't give me the brim size. They said it is selling well so far. Black model coming soon.

I am still curious, but I wish they had designed the hat with standard sizing. They said it is a light weight fur felt which is a plus.

,,,Mike

Duper

Practically Family
Hatworks staff told me via a Facebook chat that they have the Runabout in Caribou, Walnut and Sage in stock. $169.00. Cloth sweatband, unlined. Sizing is S, M, L, XL. They didn't give me the brim size. They said it is selling well so far. Black model coming soon.

I am still curious, but I wish they had designed the hat with standard sizing. They said it is a light weight fur felt which is a plus.

,,,Mike

I see Matt D. Also responded to my inquiry on the Stetson Facebook page about the Runabout.

Matt Deckard Tough cotton sweatband which takes all elements, and 2 1/4" brim for easy travel. Unlined to help with rolling up. Tough as they come with a great memory that allows the hat to pop back into shape after being rolled up and in luggage on a bit of a trip. I like the fact that it gets softer and softer with age. Dressy enough for a suit yet tough enough for the weather.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
An then this new model the Scholar

tumblr_muiz9iCzns1r91qw7o1_1280.jpg

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Ordered a Stetsonian, really looking forward to receiving it. I like seeing all the new prototypes, like "The Scholar", but I'm waiting to see the quality on the Stetsonian before I order any more. Thought about getting both Stetsonian and Stratoliner, but decided to wade in vs dive in.

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I called my local hatter, Hat & Sole, about the open crown Stetsons. They called Texas and were told that both hats are in next year's fall catalogue but are available as special orders now. I ordered the Strat in "cowhill", a brownish color. I'll report back on receipt.

Last edited:

Panacheman

Familiar Face
tumblr_mubcmpPtsf1r91qw7o1_1280.jpg

of all the pictures That Matt Deckard has blogged from his shenanigans around Stetson Headquarters. This is by far my favorite, hands down. Truthfully Indy played no small part in my adoption of the fedora as signature piece in my wardrobe (with more then a little help from Rick, Teddy, and you cant count out Jake and Elwood). That being said I've never been a devotee of his standard. but his backup this not so tidy but somehow more classy grey number, with a simple black ribbon, now that, that is a fine piece of felt.
Any chance it might also be on the way? please?

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
tumblr_mo18ekQsLE1sti2mko1_1280.jpg tumblr_mo18ekQsLE1sti2mko2_400.jpg tumblr_mo18ekQsLE1sti2mko3_400.jpg

It confused me when I saw the long hair tagged Scholar. Several months ago this hat was posted under the same name. Given the Indy style it's no doubt the name was chosen to be reminiscent of the "Poet" from Herbert Johnson.

I wonder how this will effect the Fed 4 sales?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I caught up with Matt Deckard at a local bar and grill on monday. He let me take a look at the hat pictured...
1383812_10151745722008811_1911755948_n.jpg

Honestly, I was really impressed, a classic 1930s style fedora with that iconic high-crown, medium-brim look that is pretty hard to come by. The fur felt had a great feel to it as well. Matt said that this particular model may or may not go into production, but with 150th anniversary of Stetson coming up we may see more vintage styles on the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran