Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opie/Cowboys and Indians

Rick

New in Town
They're all variations on the

Good Vs. the Bad
Right v. Wrong
Moral v. Immoral

They haven't really changed... the good movies that is.

From the Cowboy to the Cops, to Superman to Ironman... to Star Wars.

Its Epic and its either a hat, a badge, a cape its all the same.

I like the resurgence of the vigilante taking vengence into his own hands to assure Justice.

I'm actually surprised there have been so many lately,
The clasic Punisher, to recent Death Sentence with Bacon, to Torino w/ eastwood, to the new one out where his daughter gets kidnapped and he goes to get 'em.

But Cowboys are still the definition of Men.

Get 'em all!

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
Open Range, & Appaloosa, were a few recent western that were well done.

I recently bought the 2nd & 3rd seasons of Have Gun - Will Travel. Alot of the story writers wrote for Twilight Zone, and Mission Impossible, and Star Trek. Good stuff.

Then I read somewhere that Hollywood has plans of doing a remake. I was excited until I found out that Eminem, :rolleyes: is supposed to take the Padadin role. It's going to be set in modern day Detroit, with Eminem, playing a bounty hunter.

They missed the whole point, Paladin isn't a bounty hunter. It's going to be laughable to see Eminem as a well dressed, well educated, well traveled, West Point graduate, and military veteran.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Johnny Western the singer and co-writer of The Ballad Of Paladin can still be heard on his own radio show. He is on I believe five days a week at KFDI 1070 AM Wichita Kansas. It is probably for the best that Richard Boone will never have to see a rapper take on his character.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carouselvic said:
Man against man
Man against nature
Man against himself

If I can just get off of this LA freeway
Without getting killed or caught
I'd be down that road in a cloud of smoke
For some land that I ain't bought bought bought
(guy clark)

Corky, ain't nutin' changed
and about that signature
it's all Greek to me
.;) :)

H. Rackham's 1914 translation:
Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?

-dixon cannon

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The film that inspired my C&I play was the Disney film, "TONKA" with Sal Mineo. I saw that as a kid and was duly impressed. My Dad bought me the Golden Book, complete with pictures from the film. I remember being amazed at the clarity of the photos and the realism of the scenes.

tonkabook.jpg
sal-tonka.jpg

"Tonka" is hard to find in these days of political correctness - it's kind of the "Song Of The South" of western movies!

-dixon cannon

Foofoogal

Banned
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/index?pn=photos#t=33171

ok, seriously. On this last weeks Extreme Makeover the little boy totally got a Cowpoke room. More photos than this one and even a bull to ride in his room. The advertising industry is missing it big if they don't play on this. My motive is I want to see little boys being little boys again. lol
Episode #616, the Augustin family. I have been riding across Oklahoma alot lately. Maybe this is why I am obsessed a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran