Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo and Art

Brad Bowers said:
Crofut & Knapp's lightweights in the '20s, like their Cross Country, were 2.5 ounces, without liners.

Their standard hats weighed in around 4 ounces.

Brad

The featherweight that I have doesn't have a liner either so they weren't doing anything that wasn't done before.
I have a heather pattern Crofut and Knapp that is pretty light as well.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The linerless Vagabond and Cross Countrys I have can be creased with a blow of air. If that makes any sense. My Portis Breeze as well is paper thin. The thin hat I have from Art is not as thin as they are but is pretty light and when I get around to it I will have more of them.

DOUGLAS said:
The Vagabond and Cross Countrys I have can be creased with a blow of air. If that make any sense. My Portis Breeze as well is paper thin as well.The thin hat I have from Art is not as thin as they are but is pretty light and when I get around to it I will have more of them.

Good point. The Vagabonds and Cross Countrys are very light weight as well. Both do not have liners either. Definitely summer weight felts.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know the weight on a Lee Adventure? Always struck me as very similar to the Champ Featherweight...

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo