Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Aerol

A-List Customer
On Saturday Graham told me that they were sold out in Oxblood. But since I wear a 7-1/2++, he may have meant that they were sold out in bodies that would make my size.

If you're interested in an Oxblood hat, I'd call ASAP!

Jabos

A-List Customer
I wish I could right now, but alas now is not the time. My spirits were lifted to see that perhaps that color would continue on. I can't imagine why it would not since it is so popular. Well, you can't have them all.:(

kaosharper1

One Too Many
kaosharper1 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290363865953&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I emailed Graham about this hat and here's his response:

Hello,
Yes, this is a very early Optimo (from first year in business)...
We can renovate the hat here and get it looking decent for you.
Best
Graham

So I guess its a "vintage" Optimo. Hopefully I'll receive it today.

The "vintage" Optimo came in and it looks pretty much as it did in the EBAY pics though a little dirty. I'm going to have to send it back to Graham to have it cleaned. The welted edge is beautiful and the hat band has a small line of stitching in the top and bottom that you have to look closely to see. The felt is wonderful. Given that this was done in Graham's first year of business I don't see a significant difference in quality between this one and the 2007 I bought from Bruce Wayne. The box is cheaper, but that's not that important.

Interestingly, the sweat is done with the "V" stitch as opposed to the more common "I" stitch that is also on the newer hat.

Neil

A-List Customer
Optimo milans

Anybody going to snipe those two Optimo milans on Ebay? One beige, one grey.
I love Optimo hats, but I have to say, grey straw just isn't my thing. Plus, weirdly, they have pugaree ribbons.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A box arrived at our house this afternoon from Chicago. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It wasn't supposed to be here until next week. What a cool surprise! We took some outdoor and some indoor pictures. The oxblood is nothing less than sensational!

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
BobC said:
A box arrived at our house this afternoon from Chicago. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The oxblood is nothing less than sensational!

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Agreed! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:

It wasn't supposed to be here until next week. What a cool surprise! We took some outdoor and some indoor pictures. The oxblood is nothing less than sensational!

IMG_0062.jpg

Looks good! Gonna have to see that one in person along with that panama!:D

BobC

The color is much more versatile than I thought it would be. It's neutral enough to wear with almost anything.

duggap

Banned
Well BobC, tell us what you think of Graham's workmanship. I have heard he makes an awsome hat. What do you think. Real nice looking hat by the way.:p

BobC

duggap said:
Well BobC, tell us what you think of Graham's workmanship. I have heard he makes an awsome hat. What do you think. Real nice looking hat by the way.:p

The hat is awesome in part because it's an Optimo and in part because it is a beautiful color and finished beautifully. I have one hat from Art Fawcett, two from TonyB, and four now and soon five from Mike Moore. I love each of them as well as the others. Each represents the craftsmanship of an artist to me.

Truth be told, Graham's hands most likely didn't have anything to do with turning this felt body into a hat. It was probably the work of his employees, the true artists at Optimo.

BobC

Tiffany told me on the phone today that the oxblood is very iffy for 2010. She also told me they are backed up with enough orders to last til sometime in December.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
BobC said:
The color is much more versatile than I thought it would be. It's neutral enough to wear with almost anything.

I kind of thought that would be the case, but I was surprised how well it goes with most suit colors even though it is in essence a brown hat.

I got mine with an underwelt. Nice to see what it looks like with a trimmed brim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL