Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+1! Let's C the thing!

HT, I have always assumed that the $595 price applied to "off the shelf" hats as well. Will an experienced customer please confirm or deny?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ale and Rabbit-- those comments aren't taken lightly coming from you two. I estimate I'd have to sell about 17 of mine to finance an Optimo.

In the meantime I thoroughly enjoy all the photos here!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ale and Rabbit-- those comments aren't taken lightly coming from you two. I estimate I'd have to sell about 17 of mine to finance an Optimo.

In my case, I sold my only Optimo to help finance a Stetson 100.

No question they are great hats, but my choice for top quality/cost ratio remains VS.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
No question they are great hats, but my choice for top quality/cost ratio remains VS.

I see your point.

To elaborate - slightly off-topic, pardon me:

VS is extremely good value, no doubt about it. The variety of felt colors, especially the lighter ones, is just great. Also, Art's hats have a very distinct style which, personally, I like immensely.
Optimo may seem overly expensive - well, one must have seen and handled the felts they use in order to fully appreciate them.

In my opinion, these two hatters complement each other. Both of them offer fantastic products and are, in turn, complemented by high-quality vintage hats.

Whenever I have to decide whether to wait several months or longer until I can get something in this category, or to buy something less expensive immediately, I always make the same choice.
I wait, and try to learn about these things in the meantime.
Same procedure with all the other stuff for building a serious wardrobe.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Silver gray 100% beaver. Crown block # 5, teardrop crease. Brim 2 1/2 raw edge. Pleated ribbon1 3/4 inches (Amazing work, you can't see one single stitch)
Early birthday present, designed by myself and for myself ;) Superb quality, as always. These hats never disappoint, on the contrary, it seems as if every time Graham and his team try to undo themselves.

The 33.

IMG_2917.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Wonderful! Clean, simple, elegant. Love it!

Although are you sure about the color? It's a little out of line with what we expected from you... ;) Just kidding man, haha great hat

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, Ale. I see now why the Borsalino had to leave today, so leave some room for the new addition.
I love the Silver Grey felt and the ribbon design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic