Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just came home from visiting the south side location. I ordered two new hats. The first is a derby with a rather wide brim & the second is a Dillinger with a slightly taller, less tapered crown & a 3 inch underwelt brim. Graham was nice enough to give me the First Look price. Their prices have gone up again. Smooth finish classic weight felts are now $695, for anyone who is wondering. I also saw that they have among their new colors one called bottle green that would make a good campaign hat. They also have a boater block for their straws. I saw one in a milan that I might have to pick up next spring.

Thanx!!!
Charlie

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Optimo has also updated their website with all the new models and colors I'm priced out of, haha!

I'll have to start pinching pennies now if the next FedoraFest is going to be at Optimo....because if that's the case, I'll just have to get a new Optimo...

New alpine hat, new colors (Eggplant, forest green, a few shades of gray[not fifty])

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
ugghhh. Jared, why'd you have to point out the updates!? ;) I still am smitten with that 47th street and the Oxford, but with their prices and my income going opposite directions... oooohhhh it hurts.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Then there 1000 dollar beaver belly fur is ridiculous. But to me it would be a one time thing lol.
When I visited Optimo Graham plopped a $1000 (actual beaver belly) on me. My son said Dad just consider the $1,200 purses the ladies buy...I like his reasoning!
Optimo1.jpg

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
While in Chicago this week I stopped in the Loop location. As has probably already been expressed, it's not really a retail outlet in the sense that you would leave with a hat. The hats on display are really to show options to be ordered--the sole saleperson is there is take measurements and orders. She was quite helpful, though, and let me handle and try on several hats as I wanted to view the Optimo quality--which was outstanding. The straws were particularly nice. Although my visit didn't result in an order--I'm pretty locked in to Black Sheep Hatworks--it was expensive as my wife and I discovered a terrific women's clothing store next door (Floradora) and she left there with several items. If in Chicago, Optimo is a must stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters