Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Latoso

Familiar Face
The first look price is both good and bad. Tiffany managed to get me into another hat just in time for the winter. I ordered a Trilby in a flecked ash finish with a custom ribbon. I'll try and maintain some self-control until the spring before I get a Milan.

P.S. I'll try and get pictures up of the three hats I already within the next few days.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Looking forward to seeing it, Latoso.

Also, have you considered the Montecristis? They're expensive, but each one is a work of art. Definitely something to look into.

-M

Last edited:

Latoso

Familiar Face
Looking forward to seeing it, Latoso.

Also, have you considered the Montecristi's? They're expensive, but each one is a work of art. Definitely something to look into.

-M

Actually, one of the three hats I already have is a teardrop ferdora Montecristi which is what I'm wearing in my avatar.

Mulceber

Practically Family
As Tiffani explained it to me, when they get their new felts in each year, they have a viewing party and anyone who attends can buy a hat at a discount. Optimo was too busy to have the party this year, however, so they decided to extend the discount to anyone who bought a hat within a certain period of time (I'm not sure what space of time that was). -M

wine65

One of the Regulars
Very addictive indeed! :)

Tomorrow I should have time to take some pics. Any advice on how to best take hat pics?

I'm not an expert but indirect sunlight seems best. Al took fantastic pictures but have not seen any posts from him recently. Maybe he'll weigh in. Anyone hear from Al (delectans) recently?

GamaH

A-List Customer
As Tiffani explained it to me, when they get their new felts in each year, they have a viewing party and anyone who attends can buy a hat at a discount. Optimo was too busy to have the party this year, however, so they decided to extend the discount to anyone who bought a hat within a certain period of time (I'm not sure what space of time that was). -M

So generally speaking, do they have to be purchases made in person?

Latoso

Familiar Face
Here are the pics I promised. I hope they came out ok.

Here is my Steel Color Lightweight Trilby:

IMG_5640_zpsffb835b2.jpg

Teardrop Fedora Montecristi Panama:

IMG_5643_zpsafdcf51e.jpg

And my Space Color Optimo 1000 Rush Street:

IMG_5645_zpsaa9be4ff.jpg

I also have one being made right now. It's going to be a Medium Weight, Ash Color Trilby with a flecked finish. And I'll probably have a Milan made in the spring when I can decide on a ribbon. Tiffany showed me so many beautiful vintage ones that it's difficult to decide.

Reactions: DRB

GamaH

A-List Customer
Weird, your Space optimo looks a lot more purplish than mine, which looks black. Maybe it's the ribbon.

Latoso

Familiar Face
Weird, your Space optimo looks a lot more purplish than mine, which looks black. Maybe it's the ribbon.

I believe the name of the vintage ribbon is French Blue. It definitely brings out the bluish/purple hues in an otherwise black looking hat. I think Tiffany told me that Space is actually a really deep indigo color.

But it could also be the lighting, there are sometimes it looks absolutely black, ribbon or no ribbon. And my Steel Trilby is a very moody hat. Sometimes it's grey, sometimes it looks more olive green, sometimes it comes across as tan or brown. That one is very affected by different lighting and shadows.

For the graphic designers out there, nice honor for Chicago based firm Froeter Design to have their promo catalog piece for Optimo hats mentioned the Communication Arts Design annual. :eusa_clap

optimoinCA.jpg

Reactions: DRB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran