Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Latoso

Familiar Face
Thanks everyone. I was a bit nervous about the ribbon choice. Tiffani also suggested I do a nicotine ribbon like the edge lining. But since the rest of my hats were more conservative, I told her I wanted something a little more bold and playful. That's when she suggested I do that combo in a porkpie, since I didn't have one yet. Once I saw it in person I fell in love. Unfortunately my photo skills aren't the best, so it doesn't look quite the same as it does in person. I'll try to take some pics in natural light and see if it looks different.

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
that is one fine Porkpie.. congrats, stunning!! :clap2:
oh, and definitely 'brim up'.. :)

Last edited:

old-time-stevie

New in Town
my first Optimo

The Chicago in Club Brown with black band.
The band looks anything from black to purple to blue depending on the light. It's hard to see how lush the heirloom brown felt is in this photo.
Having just moved to the Chicago area from Memphis before this brutal winter, I have quickly become an all-the-time hat wearer.
Going for a lightweight gray next for spring, then a Milan for summer.
Many thanks to this forum for helping me discover Optimo!

IMG_1579_zps36d2a65e.jpg

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Latoso-I, too, really like the teal ribbon on thoroughbred. When I ordered my thoroughbred hat, I thought hard about going that route. I finally ended up with a more conservative brown, since the hat was replacing an old brown on brown that became a moth casualty.

Stevie - Welcome and what a great lid!

old-time-stevie

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words of welcome everyone.
I've seen so many great looking hats in this thread that I don't where to start with the compliments.
There is not a bad one in the bunch!

old-time-stevie

New in Town
Thanks Latoso. I am digging that teal ribbon on your hat too!

I went to the Dearborn store today and was lucky enough to meet Graham for the first time. What a nice and genuine guy. He confirmed that the ribbon on my club brown hat is a very dark blue, not black as I thought. No wonder it looked bluish in bright daylight.

Ended up ordering a lightweight Chicago in storm gray and a nice Montechristi instead of the Milan I planned on. Pix to follow. in a few weeks...

BTW, if you come to town on the South Shore train to go to the Dearborn store, get off at the Van Buren stop. A few blocks closer than the last stop.

Stevie

T Roy

New in Town
I picked up my new custom hat today. I really wanted a melusine hat like the Manhattan on the website in the thoroughbred with the teal ribbon. That combination really intrigued me. Tiffani thought it could work for me, but thought I should get it in a porkpie. I never considered a melusine porkpie, but I think it worked out well. Let me know what you think.
3u2y7ejy.jpg
y6usa3eb.jpg
bymyture.jpg
8atavaza.jpg

Latoso,
I really like the hat. I have a Milan pork pie and it took me some time to get used to it. It is a style that goes with the great in the right setting or when worn with the right clothing accessories.
Enjoy

T Roy

New in Town
Hey Steve,
Welcome to the group. I like the Club Brown. It's a real nice color and the Chicago is a great everyday style. It'll go with a lot of stuff. You can get some serious miles out of that. Good choice.
T Roy

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
T Roy, great-looking hat. I have a very similar one and it is probably my favorite hat. It is my wife's favorite of my hats :)

The oxblood color just looks so rich with a burgundy/maroon color ribbon and binding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24