Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

mcarthur

Familiar Face
nyegia.jpg

Optimo panama montecristi

Levallois

Practically Family
Ok, I'm going a bit overboard with the posting of this Optimo but I can't help myself. Please forgive me if you've seen this before. My new-old Optimo in skyline blue - needs a new bash but other than that it's perfect.

Optimo1.jpg

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Some of you may recognise this one- I bought it from Rundquist late last year; it was his Morocco Tan lightweight felt one. At some point he had the crown bashed down lower, so I sent it to Graham to have it restored to its original state. Very pleased with the results.

609455255_nxtRp-M.jpg

609454623_hRpea-M.jpg

609454873_o83pa-L.jpg

609455669_tHCHK-L.jpg

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Public Enemies Hat

Based on the Dillinger hat from Public Enemies, but blocked like another hat I have from Graham. Very heavy felt.
Oxblood felt; 2.5 inch brim with underwelt.

Dark brown which leans red. Subtle. Can almost appear black.

Got some good feedback wearing this one. Love it! Dig the lining.
OptOxblood1.jpg

OptOxblood2.jpg

OxbloodLining.jpg

Neil

A-List Customer
Optimo aficionados beware

Spoke with Tiffany at Optimo this morning about something, and she warned me that someone is knocking off their hats. Particularly the "public enemy" model.
I guess that's what happens when your prices rise to the level of Optimo's.
Anyway, just thought I'd pass on the word.

Neil

A-List Customer
Nope

Apparently they found out about it from someone in Europe, who I guess sent them a hat he'd bought, or photos of one, but they knew immediately it wasn't theirs.
So I guess Optimo is now up there with Gucci and all the designer brands.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kim and I spent last weekend in Chicago. One of our objectives was to make a pilgrimage to the mecca of hat wearers, which we accomplished soon after we arrived at our hotel.

At Optimo, we met Kevin who could not have been more accommodating. Graham and Tiffany were away at a trunk show in California, so unfortunately we didn't get to meet them, but that gives us a reason to return, as if we really need a reason. :D

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

BobC

Kevin showed us any hat we were interested in and even unboxed a hat that was made for a client for us to see and for me to try on. I tried on any hat I asked about, and even Kim tried a few.

IMG_1556.jpg

A couple of Optimo crown panamas. I didn't use to like this crown, but it's really growing on me.
IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

I finally got to see what I look like in a homberg. I was impressed with the hat, but I can't say I was impressed with how I looked in it.
IMG_1559.jpg

Kim tried a couple. These were made from Ecuadorian bodies, but the straw is different from the usual panama. They're nice, soft hats like the milans.
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

The felt color on this one is Platinum. I really loved this color.
IMG_1555.jpg

BobC

Finally, the color i picked for my first Optimo fedora, oxblood. It's the one I kept coming back to. I really liked the Platinum, and that may be my second Optimo, but the Oxblood is a beautiful color, and that deep burgundy ribbon makes it. Mine will be here around the second week of November. I thought I'd walk out with a hat, but that didn't happen. Instead, I'll have a custom Optimo in about six weeks. It'll be similar to this one, but mine will have a 9 ligne brim binding in the same burgundy color as the crown ribbon.

IMG_1538.jpg

Thank you so much to Kevin and the ladies at Optimo. This was an extremely enjoyable afternoon and so very well worth the trip to the south side of Chicago.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
A couple of Optimo crown panamas. I didn't use to like this crown, but it's really growing on me.
IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg
You should have taken one of those home with you!

And how come you both look sunburned but are wearing jackets?lol lol

Neil

A-List Customer
Optimo

I agree. The optimo crown Montecristi they make is just about the best I have ever seen. I bought a teardrop crown straw from him last year, but have coveted the optimo since.
One of these days. . . .
Bet you'll be happy with that public enemy hat. Looks pretty good on you. I only buy one felt a year from Graham, given the prices there, but that might be my next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou