Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Gordon & Furguson M422a

Xopher

A-List Customer
Howdy gang. I had a few questions about this Gordon and Ferguson M422a I just picked up. I was wondering if anyone could help me get a rough date on it, the contract is NXs 416. I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what the going rate for a really nice original like this one is. I picked it up in a pawn shop for what I think was probably a pretty good price. I got it with the mind of wearing it but after fighting to accept the fact that I am indeed a size 42 and not a 40 that I may pass it on to someone else who will enjoy it and use the money for something in my size. This is all original, great condition. It was not refurbished and still has the original lining with a few small tears but wearable. What are your thoughts?
1020151343a2.jpg
1020151343b.jpg
10201513432.jpg
10201513442.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This contract date to the 1943 fiscal year. The price of WW2 flight jackets has dropped recently. As a size 40 in original condition it should sell in the range $400-600. Good luck with it.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Original Gordon & Furguson M422a

It's a beautiful jacket!

Interesting that prices are dropping. I wonder why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a beautiful jacket!

Interesting that prices are dropping. I wonder why.

Fewer people have the money these days to spend on vintage flight jackets, so the prices they fetch on auction sites have generally dropped over the last year or so. There are exceptions of course!

Deacon211

One Too Many
Fewer people have the money these days to spend on vintage flight jackets, so the prices they fetch on auction sites have generally dropped over the last year or so. There are exceptions of course!

Interesting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% jackets are not selling as fast or for as much as they did a couple years back. At least with the mil jackets/repops.
That's why I send people looking for a first jacket to eBay now. Lots of great deals out there lately. On the forums as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24