Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Rough Wear USAAF A-2 Jacket Shell: Approximate size 42-44

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Here's an A-2 shell of what is unmistakably a Rough Wear. I literally bought this off the back of a Punk Rocker in 1987 on 2nd Street in Seattle, near the Crocodile Cafe (where Kurt Cobain used to play before he was famous with Nirvana). I have always planned on having it restored, but the likelihood that I'll actually do that after owning it for almost 31 years is probably slim, so maybe it can go to someone who will actually do something with it.

The leather is in remarkable shape. The seams for the most part are strong, save for the lower sleeves, where the top stitch is worn. There are a couple of minor holes in the leather on the right side undersleeve and one in the right rear back panel. All are shown in the photos. All the snaps work great and both sides of the collar clip are in great shape.

There are needle marks for a name tag, rank on the epaulets and for a shoulder roundel.

Here are the measurements:
22.0": Pit to Pit Front
24.0": Pit to Pit (seams), Rear Panel
19.0": Shoulders
19.5": Windflap to the point where the zipper pulls would have been
24.0": Base of Collar Stand to Waistband Seam
22.0": Sleeves to cuff, straight measure

Please note, without a zipper, the front pit to pit measurement it a little hard to get. This linen pocket tag is there, but the size is not legible.

The shell is very sound, but obviously without the zipper pulls, there is some work to be done. The nice thing is that at this point anything done with the jacket will be an improvement, so you could make your own Great Escape Virgil Hilts A-2 out of a real A-2 shell that no amount of "time wearing" or "Combat Cloning" could ever achieve.

How's $350 shipped via USPS Priority Mail sound? International buyers to pay exact shipping via USPS Priority Mail International.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21