Original WWII low boots

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by srahimian24, Aug 16, 2019.

1. srahimian24

srahimian24 New in Town

Anyone know where a good source to find vintage boots is? Been looking for a pair of original WWII service boots (pre 1944) and all the ones I have found on ebay are too big

2. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

3. ToddPZ0313

ToddPZ0313 New in Town

Just my humble opinion,but I think it would be a shame to destroy a piece of History (or in this case two pieces of history) you could go the repro route,
    places like:
    At the Front
    SM Wholesale
    WWII Impressions
    SoF Military (this one I "believe")
    stock a wide variety of sizes.
    Again they are Repros as info.

4. EmergencyIan

EmergencyIan Practically Family

Regardless, you’ll be hard pressed to find 75 plus year-old footwear that is fit to wear as intended. Remember these are rubber soled. Those don’t seem to stand the test of time. The leather upper varies, from what I’ve seen.

There are, now, some excellent repros on the market. I’ve had great experiences with At The Front’s Made in the USA versions.

- Ian

5. srahimian24

srahimian24 New in Town

Thanks for the replies all, I have a pair of ATF boots I am enjoying, and also stumbled across a pair of NOS boots in my size. Also, to alay some of the concerns from previous posters, the original boots would not in anyway be for daily wear. I will post pics comparing the ATF boots to the originals when they arrive from the mail

Peter Bowden likes this.