Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other Sites?

morgan

New in Town
What other sites do you check as compulsively as this one? I seem to be stuck in a 'forum rut' reading the same ones all the time. Mine? FL, armour archive, and brassgoggles every other day or so. Occasionally I'll drop in on one of the wet shaving and/or mustache forums but nearly as much as the others.

Morgan

Lonn

Familiar Face
Style on the road

When I found the Fedora Lounge circumstances had coalesced in such an order that it became possible to refresh pursuit of the dream without the encumbrance of a partners perspective and desires (loss) nor geographically based responsibility (job).

The Lounge has helped clarify what I want to put forward as much as how. I want to put forward an attitude of respect and personal responsibility. Life is too short and people come and go too fast for anything less. How I am dressed when I walk into a store starts conversations that would not otherwise have been and these can lead to friendships that never would have.

This is all the more relevant and valuable because I also took advantage of the opportunity for geographic independence. So I live in a motor home, homeless and unemployed, in style.

I watch the Escapees forum as well:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a member of a forum that concerns itself with cults.

I mainly only visit a thread that is frequented by ex-members of the Lyndon LaRouche organization.

I'm not an ex-member, but I know a few.

It's called factnet.org and other threads on the forum give the latest informatin about lawsuits against Scientologists in France and such.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fedora Lounge is definitely my most-visited...
MySpace (see both pages below) as I use it for networking and photo storage.
Facebook, but I don't like it much, too many things being sent to me all the time and they say that any content you put up becomes their property, so I put up very little. I am Miss 1929 there too.
I also spend a lot of time on thinkprogress.org and crooksandliars.com, but those are political (left) sites. My handle there is SKdeA.
And I haunt Craigslist for cool free stuff!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm a big fan of Nitrateville, an excellent forum on silent and early talking pictures that sort of takes over where the old alt.movies.silent left off. A lot of the AMS crowd migrated there, and while I've yet to post there myself, it's a great place for vintage movie buffs to lurk.

duggap

Banned
I regularly visit a treasure hunting forum. I am not a treasure hunter as such, but I do look for Civilwar artifacts whenever I can. And I look at the forum to see what others have found and to help identify items others have found but don't know what they are or what they were used for. My best find you ask, well it would be my CSA belt buckle, standing for Confederate States of America.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24