Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I did my rounds today, checking my favorite places to see if any hats were in. As I walked into one of them, the proprietor, recognizing me, said, "Just got a bunch of hats--come around the counter and look." Thinking that they'd probably be the usual collection of recent stingies, I didn't hold much hope, but what to my wondering eyes did I see but 8-10 pretty good looking hats! My heart quickened as I started to look through them; there were several Dobbs and Stetsons, even a Knox and several others--but they were all size 7 to 7 1/8, and here I am, a 7-1/4 to 7 3/8.

Curse you, you pinheads. Curse you and your heart-crushing selection of inexpensive hats.

A

I did my rounds today, checking my favorite places to see if any hats were in. As I walked into one of them, the proprietor, recognizing me, said, "Just got a bunch of hats--come around the counter and look." Thinking that they'd probably be the usual collection of recent stingies, I didn't hold much hope, but what to my wondering eyes did I see but 8-10 pretty good looking hats! My heart quickened as I started to look through them; there were several Dobbs and Stetsons, even a Knox and several others--but they were all size 7 to 7 1/8, and here I am, a 7-1/4 to 7 3/8.

Curse you, you pinheads. Curse you and your heart-crushing selection of inexpensive hats.

A

Hmmmm, may have to have a road trip to KC.

This is the oldest Mayser soft felt (pre WWII) I have encountered. Unusual lighter color (light gold?) Velour with a very unique bow. The seller photos are not the best but this is a special one. Should arrive in a couple weeks (non Ebay source).

15496065762_0f39b000c9_c.jpg

15473296776_0c0fb0ae80_c.jpg

15309795118_9c24ba99e2_z.jpg

15309884707_82e61c4820_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner