Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Normally I’m not a big fan of the back bow or the telescope crease, but there is really something compelling about this hat. The rarity is a bonus! Looking forward to seeing you under it, Jonathan.
I agree about the style in general, but this one kept nagging at me. The longer hair finish, ribbon detail, and rarity combined with the story that her father worked at the factory sealed the deal. If I'm going to have one hat of this style this is it!

This one has just a crown tip patch. The homburg had an interesting liner:
IMG_4316.jpg
Screenshot_20211216-172934_Facebook.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Sold a hat Monday and the money's been burning a hole in my pocket since. I've been wanting one back bow hat for the collection. I finally caved after watching this one for quite some time:
View attachment 388108 View attachment 388107

Interestingly enough, I can hardly find any info on Augsburger (Industrie Suisse). Nothing on here nor Steve's site, though not German nor Austrian. I've only found pictures of two other examples searching Google.

The seller had one other Augsburger hat as well, a black homburg, but it sold a while back. Supposedly her father worked at the factory when he was young and had the hats made for him. I asked if she knew any more info but that was the extent of it. I assume her father has passed and I didn't want to push the topic any further.
Hey J:
I don’t think i’ve ever seen a back bow that i liked much less a telescope until this one. Maybe it’s the long hair, idk but i dig this hat.
You’ve come such a long way since hat#1 and leather jacket #1. You’ve your own style mixing hats and jackets that i always enjoy seeing.
I really look forward to seeing what/how you’ll pair this very unique hat with a leather jacket.
But i know you will pull it off without question.
Be well and safe.
Bowen

Sold a hat Monday and the money's been burning a hole in my pocket since. I've been wanting one back bow hat for the collection. I finally caved after watching this one for quite some time:
View attachment 388108 View attachment 388107

Interestingly enough, I can hardly find any info on Augsburger (Industrie Suisse). Nothing on here nor Steve's site, though not German nor Austrian. I've only found pictures of two other examples searching Google.

The seller had one other Augsburger hat as well, a black homburg, but it sold a while back. Supposedly her father worked at the factory when he was young and had the hats made for him. I asked if she knew any more info but that was the extent of it. I assume her father has passed and I didn't want to push the topic any further.
Beautiful long hair. Really seems to suit the back bow on this one. Congratulations

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, all. Received the shipping notice this afternoon. If everything goes relatively smoothly, baking in a few extra days for shipping delays, it should arrive just in time for Christmas.

Hey J:
I don’t think i’ve ever seen a back bow that i liked much less a telescope until this one. Maybe it’s the long hair, idk but i dig this hat.
You’ve come such a long way since hat#1 and leather jacket #1. You’ve your own style mixing hats and jackets that i always enjoy seeing.
I really look forward to seeing what/how you’ll pair this very unique hat with a leather jacket.
But i know you will pull it off without question.
Be well and safe.
Bowen

Beautiful long hair. Really seems to suit the back bow on this one. Congratulations

Great looking hat in all respects! Congrats Jonathan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ