Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outfits for a newsboy cap?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Alright ladies... I have a newsboy cap that I LOVE! Other than the typical boyish charms outfits you can wear with the cap, what are some great looks that can go with it? Perferably vintage or retro... but I dig modern looks too. :) Thanks!

V

VargasBaby

Honestly Lolita, I had a friend of mine that wore hers with EVERYTHING. Skirts, jeans, modern or not and she looked adorable in it.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I have a black one that I'm planning on wearing with wide leg denim trousers,a black turtleneck,and red platforms.They look great with clean lines ala' 1960s beatnik.I tried it on with a cream boatneck sweater,black pencil skirt,and riding boots.Thought it turned out well.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
rubyredlocks said:
I have a black one that I'm planning on wearing with wide leg denim trousers,a black turtleneck,and red platforms.They look great with clean lines ala' 1960s beatnik.I tried it on with a cream boatneck sweater,black pencil skirt,and riding boots.Thought it turned out well.

What an adorable outfit, Ruby! Will you and Lolita please post a picture for all of us?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Thank you Meggie!
I will be glad to post a photo,but it may be the end of October before the weather is cool enough here.It will pop up in the "What are you wearing today?" thread

$ally

One Too Many
My friend Mary-Marie, from England, used to wear a newsie cap with everything also. All through 1984, I'm not sure why. Anyway, I have a fun old pattern for knickers and jodhpurs you could borrow. They are high-waist, zip front 25" waist. Also a couple versions of side-button (open at pockets), baggy zoot-ish slacks, one 26 ¬? waist, the other also 25"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21