Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

packable grey fedora?

byronic

One of the Regulars
help please! being new and somewhat ignorant of the fedora world, i am wondering if the following exists: i want to purchase a packable/crushable fedora, preferably a standard 2.5' brim, must be fur felt, not wool, grey(ish) colour, would like black ribbon, but im prepared to compromise- im hoping for something similar in style to the stetson nostalgia, but that will stand some rough n tumble on my travels. does anyone know of a hat that fits the bill even approximately?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Ya know acouple weeks ago I believe someone posted about a crushable fedora that came in a tube? It sold in England? Maybe that would be a good option if anyone remembers the details. [huh]

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I think I found it

VillageHatShop.com

Christys Foldaway Fedora
#130419DSO
$188

but the post from acouple weeks ago had a website that had the hat in dozens and dozens of color options.

byronic

One of the Regulars
hmmm.... thank you Will, but i had already looked at the casual. i'm tempted, but i was looking for a lighter grey.

byronic

One of the Regulars
Thanks to you Ande and Handlebar, i took your advice and received my light grey Christy's foldaway two days ago. my avatar shows me wearing it, sorry for the somewhat fuzzy picture but i dont seem to be able to upload 'proper' pictures. i immediately wore it and it got a thorough soaking in a downpour. it kept my head dry but i was somewhat distraught as it wrinkled and flopped and resembled an over cooked cauliflower. however, i need not have worried, i simply placed on an armchair to dry at room temperature and 3 hours later it was perfect again. i particularly like the way it can be 'bashed' in a multitude of styles or just stuffed into my pocket. its a delicate looking hat, and very lightweight, but seems to take everything you throw at it in its stride. my next purchase may well be another but in dark sable, almost indy-ish but not too much so- and Mr Morgan, im looking at the casual too, i think i may well be placing an order soon....

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
byronic said:
Thanks to you Ande and Handlebar, i took your advice and received my light grey Christy's foldaway two days ago. my avatar shows me wearing it, sorry for the somewhat fuzzy picture but i dont seem to be able to upload 'proper' pictures. i immediately wore it and it got a thorough soaking in a downpour. it kept my head dry but i was somewhat distraught as it wrinkled and flopped and resembled an over cooked cauliflower. however, i need not have worried, i simply placed on an armchair to dry at room temperature and 3 hours later it was perfect again. i particularly like the way it can be 'bashed' in a multitude of styles or just stuffed into my pocket. its a delicate looking hat, and very lightweight, but seems to take everything you throw at it in its stride. my next purchase may well be another but in dark sable, almost indy-ish but not too much so- and Mr Morgan, im looking at the casual too, i think i may well be placing an order soon....

Hat looks great on you byronic:eusa_clap The addiction has begunlol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24