Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Packed up the hats ...

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
In preparation of moving to Birmingham I have, sadly, packed most of my hats up and put them on a POD :(

I already made my choice, but it presents an interesting question:

If you had to pack all but one hat for a period of time, which would you choose?

fatwoul

Practically Family
I guess I won't get an answer for this for a while, but what's a POD?

If I had to choose one hat for a while, it'd be my Fed Dlx. I just know where I am with that. My whippet would be second choice.

Good luck with the move, HamletJSD.

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
having recently done this, and lacking any sort of nice vintage hats yet, I kept out my Akubra federation. It seems that this has really become my daily go-to hat. In fact I wear it more than I wear my AB. Granted my Akubra has been in a rain forest with me, crushed by everything from 2x4s to under a horses hoof, has gotten soaked, sat on, left out side in the desert and carried away by my dog. Still looks good and has held up wonderfully.

duggap

Banned
Up until about three weeks ago it would have been my Art Fawcett Tropicaire. But I got my regular weight Art Fawcett LaSalle model in sand color and I wear it everyday. I am making up excuses to wear browns so I can wear that hat. I have two more coming so I don't know how long this last love affair will last, but for now it is going strong.:p

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
fatwoul said:
I guess I won't get an answer for this for a while, but what's a POD?

I believe a POD is one of those stackable storage containers with a door that you can rent, put your stuff in, and have it moved to your new home. They have varying sizes I believe.

mingoslim

Practically Family
Summer or Winter?

In summer, it would have to be my VS Tropic-Aire by Art Fawcett . . .
But in Winter, I would go with my favorite Stetson Sovereign . . .

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
An impossible choice, but if forced...
I want to say one of my Art Fawcetts, but mostly they are gray (except the Mojave, which I save for special days). I wear a lot of tan and olive, so... My brown Adventurebilt would probably be the wisest choice. It goes with almost anything, it's tough, and can handle the weather.
Although my granite colored Fawcett (aka "The Tornado") might have enough of a brown undertone... [huh]
However, I think when Art's done with my latest order, that answer will change. I mean, with all the brown and brown-ish hats I own, only the mojave is from Art. I feel so... so... incomplete! :(

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Not-Bogart13 said:
I feel so... so... incomplete! :(

My thoughts exactly! lol I keep wanting to go out somewhere and have no good hat to wear.

With the amount of sweating and work I have been doing (packing and loading storage unit ad nauseam) I am glad I made the choice I did ... kept the panama out ;) No one else's choice, interestingly, but the perfect one for me.

Okay, unplugging within minutes (being without the computer for a week isn't much different than being without hats, if you've ever tried), so I'll see you all from Birmingham!

ideaguy

One Too Many
Tough call...For warmer weather-a wonderful Fedora made by Bill Nadar in Springfield, MA. soft, sweet, superb lines; the colder weather hat would be a Borsalino Grand Luxe "Ditta Umberto Lanobetti"-Firenze-inside the band marked "Palladio" and then "Cocisca"; never seen the markings on any other Borsalino. Smooth, buttery soft, dense felt, in a green felt that's best described as softened khaki-green with slightly contrasting ribbon- goes with jeans or a suit, and would go with me first...

Edward

Bartender
Not-Bogart13 said:
I wear a lot of tan and olive, so...

This is exactly the way I'd go about it. A favourite hat is all very well, but if it clashes dreafully with your outfit, it's not so great, really. I'd pick out one that I enjoyed wearing (though why I'd have any other kind.... lol ) and that was the best match for everything i intended to wear over the number of days or weeks that I had to be without the others. Of course, the other option is to pick the rest of the wardrobe you're going to live in for that period around that favourite hat that you want to wear...... if I get my brown Fed Deluxe in time to wear out to China next May, you can bet I'll be selecting my wardrobe for those couple of weeks around that hat. lol

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
lol

Hey, in my defense, I had already made my choice. I was only attempting to start a conversation ;)

And at least I posed the question to you guys ... and not to my other personalities or a recently departed loved one

lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy