Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

panama arrived hip hip hurrrraaayyyy

Achille

Familiar Face
Hello,
After a long long looooong wait :mad: I have received today my marvelous panama from Mr Weber.
The weaving is beautifull as the shape.
Looking what is a fino for Robert, I can't imagine how could be a fino fino or more ?
For sure, as soon as I have the money (and my wife's authorization, which ususally is longer:mad: ) I will order a super fino.

CIMG0704.JPG

CIMG0705.JPG

CIMG0706.JPG

CIMG0708.JPG

Sorry to have sent the 1245351245 message of satisfaction about Mr Weber but I'm really happy with my new hat.

J.M.

Achille

Familiar Face
HungaryTom said:
Achille,
http://french.about.com/od/vocabulary/a/bon_2.htm
"J'ai trouv?© un chouette chapeau
I found a great hat" ;)
What was the block you ordered? Havana?
Enjoy:
Tom

Hello HungaryTom, thanks everybody for your appreciations.
It's a C crown.

J.M

PS : HungaryTom, I dream to come in you country (and I will for sure) to visite Mr Laszlo Vass shop and buy a doren of paires of its shoes. Do you know this manufacture ? It's marvelous.

BillK47

New in Town
Panama Hats

Nice hat J.M. I just bought a new Panama hat myself and I love it. Mine is a Boraslino Downbrim from DelMonico Hatter in New Haven, Ct. I have purchased hats online from DelMonico and visited the shop in person. My Borsalino is a great hat and DelMonico is a great place to shop.

Bill

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Achille said:
Hello HungaryTom, thanks everybody for your appreciations.
It's a C crown.

J.M

PS : HungaryTom, I dream to come in you country (and I will for sure) to visite Mr Laszlo Vass shop and buy a doren of paires of its shoes. Do you know this manufacture ? It's marvelous.

Does Tom know what a pair of Vass shoes like...mmm:eusa_doh: ;) ?

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Inside a Panama Thread? Anyway

:eek:fftopic: http://www.vass-cipo.hu/

You are only allowed to read further if you show my printout avatar to them in the shop :D

"EXW" prices: they charge in their shop at Haris köz in Budapest.
RTW in Boxcalf (Tannerie du Puy/France): some 500 USD.
Cordovan (Horween/Chicago): some 600 USD.
Ankle boots in boxcalf: also some 600 USD.
Inflation: their prices go up, never down over the years. They have NEVER sale.

Ask them anyway directly at the contact. Now you see I shall never be a middleman.

Their U-lasts and Firenze lasts are more expensive (more popular):p For made-to-measure they charge some extra. In this case they make a new last-takes time and the lastmaker Mr. Bertha Kálmán is very slow.They make also the shoe-trees for Vass shoes, all Vass shoes come with shoetrees and laces.

Fitting is the delicate part...I will vivisect myself for the greater good of all:eek:
I just have a few RTW pairs - and I have lucky feet i.e. RTW fits me.
My size is 44-45 European: means 44 with German and 45 with Italian shoe manufacturers.
My RTW Vass shoe soles tell 45, 45-, 46. They aren’t machine made, but individual, so that’s why this varies. But all are comfortable. The big advantage is that I could try them on before purchase. I can't buy for example their 45- loafers or their sleek models: my lame high instep. Maybe I need to re-taylor my feet. :eek:

Vass has his production site in the outskirts of Budapest - never been there. Factory visits? – don’t know. I know that each August the manufacture goes for holidays-the shop is open. They make the biggest turnover in autumn.

These shoes are all handsewn HANDMADE not Goodyear welted shoes. They take 6-8 weeks for each pair of shoes and quite a lot of work hours. 300-350 workphases of assembly, but you know that.

DDP prices? Depends on how far you live from Haris Köz and who is the retailer. Again: location, location, location.

Dinkelacker Heinrich is the other handmade shoe manufacturer who manufactures in Bp.
Since their re-organization their shoes are gone from the shop in the Váci u. - 0 Dinkelacker shoes for Magyars - just the work:p

It is like w. Montecristi prices in Montecristi or Pile - cheaper BUT first you must arrive there or pay for the other who does this on your behalf. Wormholes maybe?

Regards:

Tom.

2 Frenchmen learned to weave toquillas, another has learned to make handmade-shoes http://www.luxuscipo.hu/portal/viewpage.php?page_id=15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy