Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

I buy mine in Ecuador, but then I visit family there. Others have used Panama Hats Direct.

i-L8FP9zM-XL.jpg

i-kRZvk6v-XL.jpg

i-KndvCgc-L.jpg

i-XxFbDkp-XL.jpg
Wonderful hats all, Doug, but that second one is a grail hat for sure.

@alanfgag sold this in the classifieds a few months ago. I was just a bit too slow and missed it. I finally got it from the person who was a little faster on the draw. It arrived today. It needs to be cleaned up a bit but I couldn't wait. I put a pug on it and snapped some pictures. So now I HAVE ONE OF ALAN'S HATS!!!! How cool is that!

View attachment 137016 View attachment 137017 View attachment 137019 View attachment 137020 View attachment 137021 View attachment 137024 View attachment 137025 View attachment 137026 View attachment 137027 View attachment 137028
Good get, Bill. Alan has only the finest hats.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@alanfgag sold this in the classifieds a few months ago. I was just a bit too slow and missed it. I finally got it from the person who was a little faster on the draw. It arrived today. It needs to be cleaned up a bit but I couldn't wait. I put a pug on it and snapped some pictures. So now I HAVE ONE OF ALAN'S HATS!!!! How cool is that!

View attachment 137016 View attachment 137017 View attachment 137019 View attachment 137020 View attachment 137021 View attachment 137024 View attachment 137025 View attachment 137026 View attachment 137027 View attachment 137028
Super Cool, that's how cool it is! Great Supernatural, Bill!

GregoryB

New in Town
Hello everyone! I'm new to the FedoraLounge. I just ordered a Montecristi fedora from Brent Black. I live in a desert area and I plan to wear this straw hat year round. I've searched and searched for opinions on hat bands; color choices etc., but came up with little. I'm looking for an opinion(s) on what colors people like best and why? I opted for a dark grey/blue color instead of the standard black one he offered as "standard". I figure in the end it'll be the band I like best. However, I wanted to know some thoughts from others. I'm fairly new to the hat wearing business. Thanks!

Hello everyone! I'm new to the FedoraLounge. I just ordered a Montecristi fedora from Brent Black. I live in a desert area and I plan to wear this straw hat year round. I've searched and searched for opinions on hat bands; color choices etc., but came up with little. I'm looking for an opinion(s) on what colors people like best and why? I opted for a dark grey/blue color instead of the standard black one he offered as "standard". I figure in the end it'll be the band I like best. However, I wanted to know some thoughts from others. I'm fairly new to the hat wearing business. Thanks!
Welcome to the lounge. We REALLY want to see pictures of this one!

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whatever you like is what’s best. I tend to stay away from the standard black ribbon found on most Brent Blacks. And welcome to the forum.

GregoryB

New in Town
Which hat did you order from Brent? You wasted no time going straight to the top of the pack! If you like the dark grey/blue then that's the ribbon to get, and it sounds wonderful to me.

Please come back and post pictures of your new Montecristi when you receive it! :)

Thank for your reply! I ordered the "Hemmingway's hat". I'd like to wear it as much as possible and would prefer a hat that is a tiny bit on the casual side. (although after talking to him I'm not certain that's possible!) I chose his hat because I liked his story. I have to give mad props to someone so passionate about their work. I just ordered it about a week ago. I'm pretty excited to see it!

GregoryB

New in Town
Whatever you like is what’s best. I tend to stay away from the standard black ribbon found on most Brent Blacks. And welcome to the forum.

Thanks! What a welcoming group! That was my thought. As long as he was going to go through the process of custom making the thing I wanted it to look unique. I've read on a few "Tips for Men" types of sites and they were mostly against anything other than black or brown but never said exactly why. I assumed it was that the color may be limiting when choosing something to wear it with. I don't really care I'll wear it with anything!! : ) I was just hoping someone may have some insight. It's reassuring to connect with someone who tends to stay away from the black ribbons! Rebels! Troublemakers!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! What a welcoming group! That was my thought. As long as he was going to go through the process of custom making the thing I wanted it to look unique. I've read on a few "Tips for Men" types of sites and they were mostly against anything other than black or brown but never said exactly why. I assumed it was that the color may be limiting when choosing something to wear it with. I don't really care I'll wear it with anything!! : ) I was just hoping someone may have some insight. It's reassuring to connect with someone who tends to stay away from the black ribbons! Rebels! Troublemakers!
I don't really care what color the hat I choose to wear "goes with" either. The only time I care about color-matching is when I'm matching the color of a porcelain crown. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Hatyulo

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask for your help. Could you tell me (guess) roughly what is the wave count of the following hat? The tape measure is in centimeters NOT inches, unfortunately it's positioned wrongly so it's impossible to tell the actual WPI.
To me it seems quite a nicely woven Montecristi though share your thoughts please!
Screenshot_20181007-031820_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20181005-063954_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20181005-063927_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20181005-063912_eBay.jpg
20181008_180850.jpg

Screenshot_20181005-063927_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20181005-063912_eBay.jpg