Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
201030October143.jpg

Reactions: DRB

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I agree :) I got one similar to yours 2 months ago from PB and he sent it to Gus Miller to get re-flanged and finished! Mine worked out to 506wpi and was as yours UNDER $200.00 :) Here's a pic from Bob before he shipped mine:
Semi-CaladoMontecristi1.jpg

Semi-CaladoMontecristi2.jpg

azshawn

Familiar Face
Daizawaguy, monbla256 - Great hats! I am really a fan of D'guy's Art Fawcett/PB hats. I plan on getting one by next spring/summer, it's too hot here for anything else.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
New Panamabob by Art arrived today. Finest Semi Calado ever. Thanks Bob...for less than $200 this is a fine piece!

201030October141.jpg

Oh yea ... got to have one like it!!!!!! Nice!!! I am assuming Art did the blocking??? Just sent mine off to have him put a new ribbon on it the same color as Wineguys was the first time ... before the ink episode. D-guy this makes me bad want a Calado!!!!!!!!!! How long did it take you to get it from the time you put your order in with PB???

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Best to contact Bob directly...I guess it depends on the season and avaliability, but order in advance to avoid dissapointment - that way you can relax and not wait in anticipation!

Here are a few more pics in day light

201030October005.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
My vintage Stetson Montecristi:

A warm patina after decades of sitting in a box. The golden-yellow color exaggerated by the morning sunlight and the ambient interior light.

Close-up of the crown.

Interior detail. Note crown stamp and pencil markings.

The original box.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the feedback, gents.

The hat belonged to the father of an acquaintance in our town, who had impeccable taste, and was fastidious in every aspect of his life.

I am still trying to identify the style of the hat. The center crease made me wonder whether the hat was intended to be rolled? It is not a true Optimo, and also bears a resemblance to a Montecarlo.

Anyone have ideas as to the hat's vintage or style?

malacoda

New in Town
Agreed. That is definitely one sharp panama you've got there Delectans - which no doubt comes with a good bit of history in addition to its sharp looking character.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley