Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Now HOLD ON, there, Dougie!!!!!! How many other items have you owned and worn with the designer/maker's name clearly and boldly placed on them?! Think Nike, Levis, Coco Chanel, etc, etc.

Now GO BACK AND GET THAT HAT!!!! Please?!
...and think especially about lovely folk art signed by the artist him/her self and not just stamped with a corporate logo. I would add that the artists name itself is actually part of the artwork. Even nicer.

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
NIIIIICE!
Thanks, Roger! My plan was to have the brim trimmed down a bit, but now I'm thinking I'll just leave it be for awhile and see how I feel about it down the road.

Here's another shot in a nicer Hawaiian shirt as I got ready to run out and take care of bills, errands, etc, today.

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

i-nj6r8Tw-L.jpg

Thanks, Roger! My plan was to have the brim trimmed down a bit, but now I'm thinking I'll just leave it be for awhile and see how I feel about it down the road.

Here's another shot in a nicer Hawaiian shirt as I got ready to run out and take care of bills, errands, etc, today.

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

i-nj6r8Tw-L.jpg
I think the wow factor should be retained. Besides, Joao will be pleased!

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

i-nj6r8Tw-L.jpg

The beauty of this lid is the great brim in my opinion, Doug! Were you a more slight, smallish guy, it would be too much. But you can rock it!!
Or, if you want to see how less brim might work, try a pencil roll on it first. THAT would seriously be daBawlz!!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Leave it alone! It looks great.

I hear you, Bob. Thanks!

I think the wow factor should be retained. Besides, Joao will be pleased!

LOL! You're right, of course!

View attachment 79002 Here it is Montecristi with its own room at The Hotel Nacional in Havana.

Gorgeous perfection in paja toquilla. Very nice, and super classy.

The beauty of this lid is the great brim in my opinion, Doug! Were you a more slight, smallish guy, it would be too much. But you can rock it!!
Or, if you want to see how less brim might work, try a pencil roll on it first. THAT would seriously be daBawlz!!

Ha! I don't know if I'm up for pencil roll yet!

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

Can't beat that look Fed! Looks great!

Thanks, Preacher! I appreciate the kind words.

I posted these images on the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today" thread but I also thought I would post it here. This is my Montecristi Super Fino from the Optimo Hat Company. The poor focus on the sweat band image is largely due to the quality of the stamping.

It looks like a very nice straw. I don't understand the focus/stamping connection?

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
It looks like a very nice straw. I don't understand the focus/stamping connection?
What I meant to convey is the script above the words "Super Fino" appear to my poor eyes to be blurred in the stamping. Graham Thompson told me that the straw body came from Montecristi so I think the test is Montecristi but I cannot swear to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails