Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants you wear with your leather jackets

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I am seeking some inspiration beyond the classic "blue jeans with a leather jacket" look.

The topic has been raised in several threads, so maybe it is a good idea to consolidate. Any trousers from modern to vintage-inspired work wear apply!

Mods - please don't move this thread to general attire as this pertains specifically to leather jacket/pants ensembles! Sorry if a thread like this exists; could not find, if it exists please consolidate, but on this forum please...

Pandemic

One Too Many
I have some black, white and brown denim, as well as blue. Patiently waiting for these olive whipcords in production, which should look really nice with brown leather:

9c9ca8955ffb7993d8d36ef226159bd7.jpg

moktabe

One of the Regulars
Have spent (or wasted) a fair amount on a couple of pairs of TRM chinos.

One pair is the US Army Officer ones and have just ordered the full cut work ones.

I think these should go well with leather jackets and, as the OP says, will make a nice change from jeans.

I've tried everything and it's either blue jeans or leather pants. I vastly prefer leather pants but sometimes I don't feel like it so I'm back to jeans.

It's not easy because only jeans look like, well, jeans and everything else falls under the generic trousers or chinos category. Nothing really stands out in any particular way and is equally boring. Jeans are boring af but at least they can fit well and not just hang around ones legs like most trousers and I hate pants that look like shapeless, straight tubes. No way for a person to wear their pants.

Leather pants are awesome, though. I'd love to wear hakama too but that's a bit... I don't know. But right, after trying just about anything, I'll stick to jeans. I bought two pairs of Diesel jeans some weeks ago, they're brilliant.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I love cords, and cargo pants to wear with leather jacket beside jeans, probably I like cords better than jeans. brushed cotton pants also look nice to counter the shine of leather jacket. I never wear wool due to my climate.

...pants that look like shapeless, straight tubes. No way for a person to wear their pants.

To clarify; Wear whatever you want but what I don't like about wide trousers is that they hide you. Entire 50's men's fashion is designed around the concept of completely obscuring the wearer and we still hadn't let go of this nonsense. This look exactly like everyone else deal. And that's what I mean by how it's no way for a person to feel. Except if you want to, of course. Alas, loose trousers are as of yet by far vastly preferred bottoms while skinny jeans still unite everyone in their whining about how that's not the proper way to wear a pair of pants.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I also like double front pants/ double knee pants, currently only have it in jeans, but I want it in wabash too.

real question, how do leather pants work, do you wear it as overpants? and how to clean them? I imagine it becomes dirty from piss splashes, and when you fart inside lol sounds ridiculous, but isn't it a real hurdle in wearing something you very rarely wash as pants

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
To clarify; Wear whatever you want but what I don't like about wide trousers is that they hide you. Entire 50's men's fashion is designed around the concept of completely obscuring the wearer and we still hadn't let go of this nonsense. This look exactly like everyone else deal. And that's what I mean by how it's no way for a person to feel. Except if you want to, of course. Alas, loose trousers are as of yet by far vastly preferred bottoms while skinny jeans still unite everyone in their whining about how that's not the proper way to wear a pair of pants.
I like skinny black jeans, but for cargo pants & double knee pants, it has to be loose fit to look the part, nothing look worse than double knee pants with the double front part creased around the knee like slim fitting jeans does, but if the pants is long and breaks around your boots it will shape itself right on your shin and won't look shapeless, what make a wide legged pants hangs straight shapeless is when they are a little too short or purposefully worn with hanging cuff by style choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider