Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Party in my Pants Cloth Pads

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
I have been using these for a year and they are my favorite feminine product Party In My Pants is a sister-owned and operated mini business, handmade with love in Ashland, Wisconsin http://partypantspads.com/

I discovered these at my local co-op and Whole Foods Market, tried them out, sincerely they are ten times better then maxi-pads or tampons. I will never go back to disposable feminie products ever again.
Here is a link to FAQ http://partypantspads.com/pages/faq

If you're cloth curious, here's your chance to get cloth conscious. New customers who've never tried Party In My Pants cloth pads can score one free Luxe Liner http://partypantspads.com/collections/pads/products/luxe-liner for the cost of shipping – $3.99
Lots of women are skeptical about cloth pads until they try them, but when they do, there's no turning back. Try Party In My Pants and discover the comfort of cloth pads.

*Attention International Customers: Higher shipping costs apply to international orders. First-Class shipping to locations outside of the United States is $7.99.

(I do not work for P.I.M.P.S)

Last edited:

Dorota

New in Town
Not for me, I'm afraid, any sanitary towels are more than likely to give me an irritation - I'd say if I wanted to try something different than old trusty tampons ;-) I would go for a menstrual cup. BTW, there's a website, where one can have a look at vintage feminine hygiene products, like menstrual pads to be worn with belt (I've seen something similar in one pharmacy last year or so) http://www.mum.org/belts.htm , sponges http://www.mum.org/sponge2.htm http://www.mum.org/sponge.htm or tampons http://www.mum.org/comtampons.htm
But I have to say MissNathalie, the Party In My Pants products look lovely, very cheerful! I adore the fox pattern!

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
Woo! another AMPs/RUMPs user over here. I love CozyFolk on Etsy.
I have to say Disposables always gave me irritation, but because the cloth is breathable and no nasty chemicals I no longer get any form of irritation or reaction.
PIMP is a high end brand in the cloth pads, try out a few from the sellers on Etsy. It works out so much more afordable, and the sheer range of prints and fabrics available is mind boggling. Also there are many many groups on FB that can direct you to other brands and even second hand sales groups (not as Ew as your thinking!!)

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
YAY Betty! I agree 100% about the irritation it was the worst, glad that war is over.

I am noticing in public restrooms signs are starting to pop up stating not to flush tampons, even my own bathroom said No way sister find some other place to dispose of the tampon, land fill city, Yep hates it with a passion.
Menstrual cups are fine. But for myself I do not like having to fold a piece of plastic and making sure its in correctly, then rinsing it out in a public restroom sink when I am out, EW.
What I also like about cloth pads is the amazing amount of money I am saving by no longer buying disposables. Also the wonderful reassurance of knowing that I will never ever run out, even when I'm so broke I can't buy a cup of tea to save my life.
When I think back to when I did use tampons and pads, all the accidents I've had the frustration of finding the right size tampon and making sure not to ware it to long. Now its ware it forget it, snap and go.
Cheaper on Etsy, I'll have to check them out, thank you Betty.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
No problem! Any questions you can always PM me and I would really really recommend the femmininewear page on FB, precious stars pads on youtube.
I got my cloth literally about 3-4 months before both the Mr and I lost our jobs - so it means if I start my period and we haven't two pennies to rub together, its no big deal.
The only problem is Ive become a paddict, constantly looking at new designs (there was a shark shaped one and a man part shaped one) fabrics, plotting the next purchace :D Im skint and I have two fluffy mail packages on the way to me. To be fair one was won in a giveway and the other in an unbeleivable offer ;) Oooh thats another reason to get onto the FB groups, every pad maker does giveaways and discount codes. there is always at least 5 or 6 going on at the same time. whats better than fluff? FREE FLUFF of course! :D
You can also find a million different patterns to make your own if you are that way inclined. Ive been making panyliners today, not exactly exciting (and TMI for some ladies, AMP users tend to loose inhibitions about sharing. Sorry) but I never used liners due to resenting paying out to dump them after a day - if I was lucky, 2 - 3 times a day if unlucky. again I will never have to run out :)

Most cups you wouldn't actually need to empty when your out. I can wear mine comfortably for 12hrs and still only be half full. If you need to most people carry a water bottle or just use TP to wipe it out. perfectly safe and clean :)
but even pads Ive found that the major companies lied to me all these years that I was a super super heavy flow. nope, just regular. so now I have mainly heavy pads in my stash.

ooh one bit of advice too - don't use fabric softner on them. it reduces absorbancy! :)
wow I can talk about this stuff lol, sorry for the ramble :D

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Precious stars pads youtube is so awesome, she really does know what she is talking about.

I've wearing a liner to feel fresher and my oh me I am glad I started. Summer has started here and sweating where one does not normally is gross, no need to worry about that anymore. Plus I learned one other reason why I was so itchy was because I was cleansing with bar/liquid soap I got some summers eve cleansing wash to also combat the itch, YAHOO!
As for the washing I am super lazy when I wash my PIMPs I fold, snap, and toss them in the laundry and forget about them. I do not use a stain remover either but I do unsnap them on wash day and never dry them in the dryer I line dry them just like precious stars pads does.
Where I live I can walk to my local market and pick up another PIMP, only thing I wish they sold was the luxe liner,I find PIMPs pantyliner to be to small.

Last edited:

Nora

New in Town
Ah! yes, cloth pads are awesome. I could never stand the disposable kind, and my first time using them was a nightmare. I'm very sensitive to things annoying, it took me twelve years to be able to wear woolen anything without issues. (Which becomes troublesome it this cold.)
Luckily for me I had actually ordered my first menstrual cup a bit before my first period ever. It was a bit odd, but I just really felt that we needed it right there and then. Thus it arrived in the mail at the second day or so, and since then I haven't really used anything but it, it works so well! I did get some little cloth pads for backup as I seem to bleed quite heavily, but I haven't really needed them the last couple of times...

Frk.W

New in Town
Interesting! I've heard so many great things about menstrual cups, but they're not recommended for use with an IUD, apparently. This sounds like an alternative worth investigating. I've been looking for biodegradable pads for use up in the cabin in the mountains as well, without much luck - we compost or burn most of our trash there, trying to burn disposable pads is, well, not much fun. Not that washing up is much of an option up there either, but it disposable ones that aren't even biodegradable feels like such a waste of resources in so many ways.

Heather

Practically Family
Thanks for sharing this! I've been interested in trying something like this for awhile so I definitely took advantage of the lovely offer! In fact, it should be arriving today! Excited to see what pattern they're starting me off with. :)

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
IUD/cup argument has actually been settled, you can use it as long as your GP/whoever fitted it cuts the strings shorter for you :)
The argument being that even with the suction from the cup it wouldnt pull the IUD through your cervix, that is unless you are doing something seriously wrong :D

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I have made my own cloth pads in the past, which I likedd. For the past oh, three years maybe, I've been using a cup and I *love* it. I will never use anything else again.

Frk.W

New in Town
IUD/cup argument has actually been settled, you can use it as long as your GP/whoever fitted it cuts the strings shorter for you :)
The argument being that even with the suction from the cup it wouldnt pull the IUD through your cervix, that is unless you are doing something seriously wrong :D

That's great, thank you! She did cut the strings, I'll have to do some research and try one. Seems so much more practical in so many ways.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
That's great, thank you! She did cut the strings, I'll have to do some research and try one. Seems so much more practical in so many ways.

I warn you its very easy to become addicted to all the reusables! 35 cloth pads, a yuuki cup, ruby cup and a fleurecup - and Im still waiting on *ahem* about 15-18 more pads, and want to try out at least 4 other brands of cups :D :eusa_doh:

Sorry to hijack the thread but if you have an IUD how did you find insertion/your periods after ect. Im getting one soon and the nurse came out with "I see you had the implant. Dont know how YOUR going to cope with insertion if you cant deal with the implant" Charming eh?

Frk.W

New in Town
Sounds dangerous. :D

Well. Insertion was difficult. I tend to pass out from having syringes and things going under the skin, so to speak, so part of that is just my body and the way it reacts to medical situations. Passed out having my ears pierced too. We had to have two goes at it, the (very kind, very experienced) midwife who put it in cut off the first attempt because I was passing out, and scheduled another appointment a few days later. Second time around it worked, though. It was somewhat painful, but mostly just a very weird and unpleasant experience.

My periods are slightly heavier afterwards, but not by much. The first one after insertion lasted for about twice as long as usual, but they went back to normal quickly after that. Cramps are slightly worse, but also not by much.

Overall, it's working out well for me, but when I need to have this one replaced, I think they will have to put me to sleep. It's common, a lot of women find it painful or unpleasant enough that it's hard for the midwife or gynecologist to get it in place. A friend who went to medical school and did the requisite basic training years at a hospital afterwards said a lot of the patients they gave anesthetics to were women having IUDs inserted. Frankly, I'll probably consider having my tubes tied as well, but in general, it is a very good thing. It's nice not to have to worry about remembering pills, nice being free of any artficially added hormones, and apart from the insertion itself the side effects have been minor for me.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
Oh so its just initial uncomfortable-ness then everything else is pretty minor. The way the nurse went on about it it was going to be the worst pain ever, my periods after were going be niagra falls, my cramps would be awful. And there is me sat there thinking "well this cant be right".
admittedly your not the first Ive asked, but your the third person to say exactly the same thing. except you seem to have the same phobia as I :D so if you can do it with the phobia, then so can I :)

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh so its just initial uncomfortable-ness then everything else is pretty minor. The way the nurse went on about it it was going to be the worst pain ever, my periods after were going be niagra falls, my cramps would be awful. And there is me sat there thinking "well this cant be right".
admittedly your not the first Ive asked, but your the third person to say exactly the same thing. except you seem to have the same phobia as I :D so if you can do it with the phobia, then so can I :)

It depends on what IUD you have. I've had the hormonal one (for 4 years) and the non-hormonal one (6 months). With the hormonal one my periods were very very light and short, although I spotted for the first 6 months I had it. With the non-hormonal one I never got a period (menopause), but I was told they quiet down after a while.

Insertion of the first one (I had never had a child) was mildly painful. The second one (after I had my daughter) I could barely feel. Both times the measuring bothered me a lot more than the insertion, and actually is what caused the cramping.

Take some pain meds (not asprin, as that makes bleeding worse), prepare for some spotting, and don't worry too much. If you want, you can have your partner or a nurses aid hold your hand while you get it done.

Getting it out is nothing.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
It depends on what IUD you have. I've had the hormonal one (for 4 years) and the non-hormonal one (6 months). With the hormonal one my periods were very very light and short, although I spotted for the first 6 months I had it. With the non-hormonal one I never got a period (menopause), but I was told they quiet down after a while.

Insertion of the first one (I had never had a child) was mildly painful. The second one (after I had my daughter) I could barely feel. Both times the measuring bothered me a lot more than the insertion, and actually is what caused the cramping.

Take some pain meds (not asprin, as that makes bleeding worse), prepare for some spotting, and don't worry too much. If you want, you can have your partner or a nurses aid hold your hand while you get it done.

Getting it out is nothing.

Its the non hormonal one, because I am on the pill and cant deal with the no periods thing (especially when I have so many pretty pads to use and cups to try!!)

I was thinking paracetomol and ibuprofen (one for pain the other for swelling as it were) My OH would either pass out or not deal too well with it, he hates blood and seeing me distressed. and the place doesnt usually allow a second nurse in as they are stretched as it is. I could take something small to hold/squish though. :) ask the right people, and ya get some right great ideas :)

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
TMI:

I tried to use the Diva cup but it just wasn't for me. The putting it in and taking it out and washing was just too much of a hassle though I like the idea. I also wasn't sure how such a little thing could hold my flow when I can go through 2-3 Always Overnight pads on my heaviest days.

These reusable pads would gross me out when it comes time to wash. Jesus, I don't even want to imagine that. Maybe one day I'll give it a try but for now I'll have to stick with Always.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
When it comes to washing pads its really super easy! Heres a link to dealing with cloth pads if you dont like blood http://tamsinhopkins.wordpress.com/2014/05/17/dealing-with-cloth-pads-if-you-dont-like-blood/

Basically, when you take them off pop them in a wet bag, unzip the wet bag as washing time, either empty it into the washer or just sling the unzipped bag in. pop the washer on and clean pads come out :D no mre effort than a plastic pad, and no stranger than washing clothes or knickers with blood on.

MissEllie

New in Town
I switched to a cup in May and I have to say it was the best decision I've ever made! :)

I have a sckoon cup and although I had a little trouble getting a "seal" with it at first I find it really easy and effective. Tampons always made me paranoid and feel kind of icky, but I don't get that way with my cup. I'm now thinking about getting one of these cloth pads for a liner...the first day with my cup I tend to need a liner (I never get it right the first day).

I've been selling the cup idea to as many friends as I can get to listen to me! :p

Edited to add: As far as cleaning it goes I tend to not do so out in public, but if I need to for any reason I generally just clean it out real good with TP.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner