Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pass The Hat Please

Mighty44

One Too Many
F2C7FBBC-4E35-47B5-90F4-1B7353B00041.jpeg
F14D87D7-4942-4FE5-859D-CD1E485CE098.jpeg
8334A2B5-FF7D-466E-8F12-1223D4FB8B73.jpeg
6EE0AE32-7F3A-4277-81B1-0B88D4AB6FA4.jpeg
671BFB1B-8DEB-460B-9EBD-72C09B39BF9F.jpeg

Hello, Cleveland!

Passing on a size 7 light grey vintage felt with a 2 3/4 overwelt brim and classic proportions. Labeled 7 1/8 with what looks like a Stetson keyhole tag (though definitely smaller than a 7 1/8) I wondered if it was a Stetson that had at some point been given a new sweatband and liner but don’t think so. I think it is an inexpensive factory hat sold as a local brand. It’s in quite good condition, the felt is unexceptional but soft, thick winter weight and easily shaped.

It’s not fancy but a good looking hat—the perfect thing for rain or snow if you think you might be getting some of that stuff. ;)

Yours for $15 shipping, send me a PM.

David

Attachments

• 77BCECAB-1F43-4245-A7E9-A9866A7570EC.jpeg
    77BCECAB-1F43-4245-A7E9-A9866A7570EC.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I was gifted this Kevin McAndrew black homburg by a very good friend but it never seems to make it into my rotation. I cannot, in good conscience, sell it for a profit, thus I am offering it here to someone in need of a short brimmed homburg in size 7 1/8. Crown 4 1/2 as creased, brim 1 3/4 to 1 1/2, ribbon 2. Overall excellent condition. Cover shipping for $15 CONUS and it is yours. Perhaps one of you needs an entry into the Homburg Nation!

20221223_140423.jpg 20221223_140521.jpg 20221223_140554.jpg 20221223_140610.jpg 20221223_140628.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
View attachment 475235 View attachment 475236 View attachment 475237 View attachment 475232 View attachment 475233

Hello, Cleveland!

Passing on a size 7 light grey vintage felt with a 2 3/4 overwelt brim and classic proportions. Labeled 7 1/8 with what looks like a Stetson keyhole tag (though definitely smaller than a 7 1/8) I wondered if it was a Stetson that had at some point been given a new sweatband and liner but don’t think so. I think it is an inexpensive factory hat sold as a local brand. It’s in quite good condition, the felt is unexceptional but soft, thick winter weight and easily shaped.

It’s not fancy but a good looking hat—the perfect thing for rain or snow if you think you might be getting some of that stuff. ;)

David
Bump

buler

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 475235 View attachment 475236 View attachment 475237 View attachment 475232 View attachment 475233

Hello, Cleveland!

David
Interesting. The first hat I ever bought had that Superior hat liner. I could never find anything about it. My guess it is a refurbished hat and the place it was done at was called "Superior". I always suspected mine was originally a Lee hat.

B

Lance Allen

New in Town
I’ve always liked hats. My grandfathers fedoras, my other grandfathers baseball hats. A year or so before COVID I started exploring dress hats and learning about them. I purchased a good number over the last few years and learned about maintenance, care, steaming, what I like, what I don’t like. I frequented the lounge for a while, but not recently.

I’ve got 8 hats that I need to share with others. Most are size 7 but some are a touch bigger. A Beaver Hats, old Stetson, newish Stetson, summer Stetson, Crofut & Knapp Milan, Borsalino Traveller, Tonak, and a Dobbs.

What are some good ways to share these? Take them to a vintage clothing store and give/sell them? Is there something in the lounge that would help?

I’m not too worried about money, mainly want the find folks that want to try something out, want to learn and experiment.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59

hamradioguy

New in Town
I’ve always liked hats. My grandfathers fedoras, my other grandfathers baseball hats. A year or so before COVID I started exploring dress hats and learning about them. I purchased a good number over the last few years and learned about maintenance, care, steaming, what I like, what I don’t like. I frequented the lounge for a while, but not recently.

I’ve got 8 hats that I need to share with others. Most are size 7 but some are a touch bigger. A Beaver Hats, old Stetson, newish Stetson, summer Stetson, Crofut & Knapp Milan, Borsalino Traveller, Tonak, and a Dobbs.

What are some good ways to share these? Take them to a vintage clothing store and give/sell them? Is there something in the lounge that would help?

I’m not too worried about money, mainly want the find folks that want to try something out, want to learn and experiment.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Hi, new to the forums. I was wondering if you still have any size 7’s laying around ? Preferably Stetsons but definitely open to other brands!

Dan.

For people with an even smaller headsize than I have. Here''s a chance to own a vintage French/Austrian pre-war velours hat for only the shipping costs.
Bruas velours hat for Au Chapeau d'Or. Size 55 with the raw edge brim at 5,4cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Felt seems to have been made by Hukber (could also be Huleber) of Wien, Austria. Really a quality velours. I could try and stretch it. but the leather has already shrunk somewhat and I have velour hats that fit me, so I don't need to. It would be pining away in a pile if nobody wants it.

bruas_01.jpg

bruas_02.jpg

bruas_03.jpg

bruas_04.jpg

bruas_05.jpg

bruas_06.jpg

bruas_07.jpg

bruas_08.jpg

bruas_09.jpg

bruas_10.jpg

And for people with a hatsize that's close to ridiculous, here's another one.
Au Chapeau d'Or velours hat in a size 54. Raw edge brim at 5,5cm and the crown at 10,5 at the center dent. Au Chapeau d'Or was actually the retailer, but there's no label inside the hat. Very decent pre-war velour hat, but it took me a while to get it back to its original glory.

chapeau d'or_01.jpg

chapeau d'or_02.jpg

chapeau d'or_03.jpg

chapeau d'or_04.jpg

chapeau d'or_05.jpg

chapeau d'or_06.jpg

chapeau d'or_07.jpg

chapeau d'or_08.jpg

chapeau d'or_09.jpg

chapeau d'or_10.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
This one really has too many condition issues to try and sell but it's taking up valuable closet space. I never wear it but think it is beautiful and if I had a house I'd probably make this my mowing hat.

1940s Resistol fedora with a 2 3/4 brim, size 7 1/8. Sold in Hiawatha, KS. Moth-chewed top and bottom and been worn a lot. Sweatband coming loose. But look at those colors!

Looking for a good home for this flea-bitten, mangy pup--just pay the $15 shipping.

Can't take the site most days--if interested then email me: french44nyc@gmail.com

Cheers,

David
IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

wsmontana

A-List Customer

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member