Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pat Novak For Hire

CSG

Familiar Face
I want to thank the Lounger who posted about this show in one of the radio threads. I'd never heard about it but it may be the best of the radio detective shows. I have little doubt that the Firesign Theater guys used this as a model for Nick Danger.

Not sure but I think archive.org may have the biggest collection of Patsy Novak. I like the Jack Webb episodes the best.

http://archive.org/details/PatNovakForHire

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I want to thank the Lounger who posted about this show in one of the radio threads. I'd never heard about it but it may be the best of the radio detective shows. I have little doubt that the Firesign Theater guys used this as a model for Nick Danger.

Not sure but I think archive.org may have the biggest collection of Patsy Novak. I like the Jack Webb episodes the best.

http://archive.org/details/PatNovakForHire

Without a doubt, Pat Novak is one of my all-time personal favorites. If you can find it, check out Johnny Madero, Pier 23. Virtually a carbon copy of Pat.

Stewart Field

New in Town
I can't believe there aren't more responses to this thread. Indeed, Pat Novak was a sensational detective radio program. I have an 8"x10" of Jack Webb on my kitchen wall, he is one of the radio and TV entertainers I admire the most. I purchased an old time radio CD and downloaded every episode to my computer. Some of the recordings are faded but most are clear. Marcia Halpern, Rory Malone, Joe Candono and many more. Raymond Burr must be given recognition for his role as Inspector Hellman, the guy who could never put Novak behind bars (for very long anyway. Tudor Owen's character, Jacko was truly the icing on the cake with his rambling monologues. From PNFH, Jack went on to play roles such as Jeff Regan alongside Sidney Greenstreet I believe "Jeffrey, my boy!" Wonderful entertainment.

wsc

New in Town
Jack Webb was great as a smart alek, I heard a policeman asked him something about doing a show with the cops as the hero instead of a detective=dragnet,don't know if its true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran