Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pawnshop Langlitz find

Lbxpdx

New in Town
I found this two weeks ago and informed the shop that the zipper was busted and I put it back on the rack. I swung by today and noticed they dropped the price by nearly 1/2. It was under $200 out the door. Langlitz quoted me a $100 for the zipper, luckily I can drop it off next week.

Here are few quick pics before I conditioned it.

IMG_5343.jpeg

IMG_5342.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After finding out a common use for CHP jackets especially Langlitz I would recommend (at least) machine washing it and probably soaking it in bleach or antibiotics before you take it in for zipper replacement.

It's put me off the vintage CHP search, unless they're clearly unworn or bought directly off of the cop who was issued it or something.

Lbxpdx

New in Town
After finding out a common use for CHP jackets especially Langlitz I would recommend (at least) machine washing it and probably soaking it in bleach or antibiotics before you take it in for zipper replacement.

It's put me off the vintage CHP search, unless they're clearly unworn or bought directly off of the cop who was issued it or something.
I don’t follow. What common use?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
It is pebbly goatskin and by the pictures it is almost dark brown, not the super shiny black hide the fetish boys are after. Besides, patina tells me this was worn on a bike. I would wear this jacket with no worry and what an absolute find and steal at this price point. It would be at least 1500 new and it fits as if it were made for you. Well done!

Al 916

One Too Many
This is a great find, a great jacket and a great price.

I have a beautiful Cascade (not goat). I wear mine (without a tie) and have no issues with anything consenting adults do with their own jackets inside closed wardrobes or out of them.

I have heard of fetishists that wear their leather jackets to bed for goodness sakes.....each to their own.

AHP91

Practically Family
CHPs are the go-to jacket type of the fetish market. Langlitz is considered the gold standard and those guys buy them by the boatload.

I’ve been wondering why an extra large branded garments garners as much attention in the ‘finds’ tab as much as a 1940s aviator.

Al 916

One Too Many
I’ve been wondering why an extra large branded garments garners as much attention in the ‘finds’ tab as much as a 1940s aviator.

Might be because they are great jackets.

Why do you wonder?

unhatted

One of the Regulars
Quite—I fail to see the issue tbh. I suspect an ex BLUF jacket is if anything going to be rather cleaner and better looked after than one that’s seen active service. In my experience ‘BLUF’ and similar are useful search terms for anyone in the market for a CHP regardless of your sexual preferences.

My only complaint is that judging by the used market there are even fewer leathermen of my tiny dimensions than cops—the search continues…

In my experience ‘BLUF’ and similar are useful search terms for anyone in the market for a CHP regardless of your sexual preferences.

Well... Not quite since after all, the acronym BLUF (Breeches and Leather Uniform Fanclub) is the officinal name an international fraternal organization of gay men sharing a fetishistic interest in leather - And I am quoting the first sentence of the Wikipedia article on the subject here - so the sexual preference does play an important part on any listing containing any mention of it & as for the cleanliness...

I've been bought and sold dozens of leather trousers and if the messages that I've been getting from most people interested in these articles are of any indication, I would (and am) be very, very, very wary of the hygienic aspect of anything leather that might've in any way played a role in the world of BLUF.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I don't, however there are those on this forum that have come out on this, I have respect for those loungers. And, if these or any other folk happen to like shiny top coats then that's fine too.

What I would not respect (should it ever occur in the lounge) is prejudice in any form.

Me neither. And these days it helps spelling it out once in a while.

unhatted

One of the Regulars
so the sexual preference does play an important part on any listing containing any mention of it.
Oh I know this, I was only suggesting that it’s a search term that throws up some nice CHPs regardless of who types it in.

And I take your point re. leather trousers but tbh if I were in the market for a used pair I’d be giving them a *very* thorough wash regardless of their provenance. Apples and oranges IMO.

Anyway, I’m certainly not suggesting anyone should buy any used clothes they’re not comfortable buying, only that the squeamishness around this or that interest in leather, on a subforum primarily about leather jackets, seems a little unnecessary.

I don’t think anyone was questioning a community.

I too wash obviously worn in biker jackets. I understand and am not offended if someone wishes to wash a jacket from my “community”. Who cares. Jackets with a higher likelihood of having remnants of man-mayo or whatever else. I won’t buy it. If I have to have it, I will wash it twice, maybe more. lol. What’s the big deal? We can’t even say that without worrying about the eggshells? Damn.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good to know because OP’s goatskin looks amazing.
Having handled a goatskin Cascade at the Langlitz shop in Portland I can attest that it is an impressive hide. So much so that I almost bought the jacket, even though the arms were at least 2 inches too long for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner