Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pawnshop Langlitz find

Al 916

One Too Many
When I rode I don't think there was a biker I knew (of whatever sex, race, creed insidelegmeasurement or whatever) that had NOT had their or someone else's bodily fluids splashed over their leathers.

Might have been the folk I rode with..possibly.....

However...... my point is that it is pointing a finger at a certain part of the community (as being less hygienic) rather than a wider more realistic hygiene view on used clothing. A pointed finger is a dangerous weapon.

And.....you might have noticed I have the raging grump today so please accept my thanks for your understanding of a fellow (old) lounger (huddled over in the corner chatting to the big guy in the stilettos and his sister about orchards).

Al 916

One Too Many
Having handled a goatskin Cascade at the Langlitz shop in Portland I can attest that it is an impressive hide. So much so that I almost bought the jacket, even though the arms were at least 2 inches too long for me.

I know a guy who can shorten sleeves perfectly.

I have short arms..
and I'm proud......
Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 19.02.28.png
so if I find a perfect jacket (my Model B custom Octagon for example) with long sleeves that I am going to keep it goes to see 'the guy'.

The one on the right is stunning. That's the new one, right?

However...... my point is that it is pointing a finger at a certain part of the community (as being less hygienic) rather than a wider more realistic hygiene view on used clothing. A pointed finger is a dangerous weapon.

Ah, I see your point now but it's not... I mean, I don't think Jmax and me are talking hygiene per se. There are other aspects of this scene that aren't... Let's say compatible with outsiders' idea of what is or isn't hygiene but yeah, in general, BLUF stuff is very clean.

unhatted

One of the Regulars
I don’t think anyone was questioning a community.

I too wash obviously worn in biker jackets. I understand and am not offended if someone wishes to wash a jacket from my “community”. Who cares. Jackets with a higher likelihood of having remnants of man-mayo or whatever else. I won’t buy it. If I have to have it, I will wash it twice, maybe more. lol. What’s the big deal? We can’t even say that without worrying about the eggshells? Damn.
Fair enough, and I think people can/should say anything they want, it’s just that other people can also say other things in response—as is happening here. Anyway, I mean no disrespect or offence to anyone. I have also bought a number of jackets popular with the straight community in my time (Aero HWM, ill-fitting bomber)—NTTAWWT.

In any case, OP got a fantastic deal on a cracking jacket, likely sans mayonnaise of any sort, and we’re all jealous.

Al 916

One Too Many
The one on the right is stunning. That's the new one, right?

Ah, I see your point now but it's not... I mean, I don't think Jmax and me are talking hygiene per se. There are other aspects of this scene that aren't... Let's say compatible with outsiders' idea of what is or isn't hygiene but yeah, in general, BLUF stuff is very clean.

While I appreciate that few of us sadly have the luxury of naïvety, my point is you can say the same for the guys I used to ride with......... (you can delete BLUF from the entire thread and all of a sudden it works as a 'Great find, looks like it could use a clean and condition' thread).

Any ways up.....

Fair enough, and I think people can/should say anything they want, it’s just that other people can also say other things in response—as is happening here. Anyway, I mean no disrespect or offence to anyone. I have also bought a number of jackets popular with the straight community in my time (Aero HWM, ill-fitting bomber)—NTTAWWT.

In any case, OP got a fantastic deal on a cracking jacket, likely sans mayonnaise of any sort, and we’re all jealous.

Of course. Most of the people in this thread “know” each other better than most on TFL. No offense taken and hopefully none given. We are just talking.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don’t think anyone was questioning a community.

Quite. I don’t think it’s prejudiced to want to clean up a garment that has been used as a sex thing. I’ve cleaned jackets anyway if they have bad smells or grime without that connotation.

Hell I’d imagine the people who get them for that fetish would want to clean them if pre-owned for their own usage.

Indeed Langlitz leathers IS the premier brand for those involved in the gay leather fetish community. There is absolutely no denying that. Would it keep from wearing one? No. Do I like Langlitz jackets? No.

I think the jackets are cut like eggs and Vanson, LW and Cal get better fit results (in my experience) for essentially the same pattern.
I also bought the most fetish jacket ever and it was f’ing awesome. :
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/information-requested-on-this-obscure-leather-jacket.88345/

Anyway, to the OP…You scored. You could triple your investment in an hour on eBay. So do what you will with it and congrats on a great snag. The jacket looks to fit brilliantly.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not to flex but I’ve seen all the croc Dundee movies, love Hugh Jackman AND have eaten a “steak” at Outback Steakhouse so…I might not be the greaseball Chi-town Chef Boyardee Italian you think… mate. :p

Some tan kangaroo or suede RM Williams would go well with your western wear, you know…

Some tan kangaroo or suede RM Williams would go well with your western wear, you know…
It also just occurred to me I painfully sat through every season and both? Dance Academy series/movies with my daughter. F me dead I’m a bloody Aussie if ever there were one! Now pardon me while I exit this thread in my Langlitz Columbia and leather budgie smuggler.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I found this two weeks ago and informed the shop that the zipper was busted and I put it back on the rack. I swung by today and noticed they dropped the price by nearly 1/2. It was under $200 out the door. Langlitz quoted me a $100 for the zipper, luckily I can drop it off next week.

Here are few quick pics before I conditioned it.

View attachment 605020

View attachment 605021
Mate, very well done! With collar, under $200? This is what "find & deal" mean. I wouldn't have had the guts to leave the shop without it., so I'd paid much more than you.

On the subject of hygiene with jackets from the BLUF community, my opinion is that rarely anyone will find a dirty jacket with bio remains. I've met many men and only very few like to play wearing jackets, but they do with chaps, boots, harness, etc. I'm not saying there aren't stained jackets or coats, but the most are clean, especially because the love for leather is not only for the look, but for the material itself. Most of the BLUF jackets are cleaned often. Anyway, washing up the 2nd hand garment is a basic, regardless of the previous owner's tastes.

Not only Langlitz are the maker wore by BLUF community. I have seen Taubers, Cals, Schotts, Golden Bears, Johnson Leathers.... What does that mean? Any jacket can be worn by anyone, with very diverse profiles and hobbies: drink 'n food stains, of course sweat, dried sea salt if the owner lives in a coast town... etc.

After all, whether a jacket is clean or not depends on how the owner is. If he or she takes care of things, the jacket will be surely clean regardless of their hobbies.

I only have one goatskin jacket, the L.L. Bean "Flying Tiger", and I think is the most versatile jacket I have, 'cause I don't feel worried about wrinkling, or the moisture gets into the leather.

Lbxpdx

New in Town
I have a sneaking suspicion that I know this jacket. I think I bought it at a pawnshop around 6 years ago, though it did not have the collar at that point. If I recall, I paid $90 for it and sold it for $600. The reason I believe this is the same jacket as I had Langlitz make a small modification that they stated they had not done before and this jacket has the same mod and fits roughly the same. If this is the same jacket, the guy I sold it to used the piss out of it in those 6 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner