Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paying It Forward - Knox "Park" 7 5/8 L.O.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
All,

In a recent transaction with a forum member I received a good bit more in the box (and in faster shipping) than was stated in the original purchase. I'm both grateful and humbled by the generosity of the seller. Another forum in which I participate regularly has Pay It Forward (PIF) threads in order to keep such goodwill moving among the members, and I'd like to do the same here.

I recently came across a Knox straw hat in a secondhand store which is several sizes too large for my size 7 noggin. However, I'm pretty sure that there's quite a few members who could comfortably wear this one. It's not pristine, and the box is rather beat up, but someone may still think it’s a hat worth having.

I'm offering the hat for the cost of shipping to the first person who posts an "I'll take it!" in this thread, followed by an email to me with shipping address information. The shipping cost will be more if you want the box, since it's rather large, but will ship with or without. You choose. I admit that I'm not even sure the box and the hat go together, but they were sold to me as a set and I'm offering to keep them as a set. We can discuss the shipping options after the "buyer" is confirmed. All I ask is that the person receiving the hat will keep the ball rolling by paying it forward in some way.

The pictures below will give a better description than I'm able to provide.

Hat next to the box
Knox1_zpsee0481d4.jpg

Additional crease in the crown due to storage
Knox2_zpsbeeb7f2b.jpg

Angled shot to better show the two-tone straw
Knox3_zps918b023c.jpg

Size tag
Knox4_zps4e1c4909.jpg

Name on sweatband
Knox5_zps68e83d77.jpg

Store name on sweatband
Knox6_zps81c12fa6.jpg

Tag under sweatband (Sorry - Photobucket insists on making this upside-down)
Knox7_zpsd0b18b50.jpg

Close-up of picked straw at the front of brim
Knox8_zpsea870cb8.jpg

Stained outer ribbon
Knox9_zps5fd913c2.jpg

Last edited:

carldelo

One Too Many
Nice lid - that's Milan straw, BTW.
Probably too small and pretty stingy in the brim for me, but this should get snapped up directly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21