Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pecards and 1940's Horsehide-- Too much of a good thing???

Michaelson

One Too Many
As rule of thumb, I treat at the beginning of the 'wearing' season, then at the end of the season before I hang the jacket up for 'storage'. The only other times that I would treat is if the jacket gets drenched in an unexpected downpour. After completely air drying, I re-apply Pecards. So, the twice a year scenario mentioned by Pecards is my practice.

The antique dressing is the product that kind of splits the difference between the standard dressing and the jell (or their so called 'creme'). I use more jell than standard dressing myself, as I don't particularily like the excess tacky feel of the leather after the treatment. It wears off, but I'm impatient. ;) Regards. Michaelson

p.s. if you ever believe you've oversaturated your jacket with standard dressing, all you have to do is hold a hair dryer on the jacket with medium to high heat until you see the dressing start to sweat out of the leather. Work the jacket in sections so you have complete coverage. This
'sweat' that comes to the surface is the excess dressing liquifying from the applied heat. Just wipe the excess away with a clean dry cotton cloth (tee shirt is best), and you're good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy